Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

MGO @ Outdoorama

Had the priveledge of working the MGO booth at Outdoorama on Thursday and Saturday. If you've not done this before consider volunteering for next year. It's a lot of fun meeting other MGO members and talking guns and issues with show goers.

The booth has expanded since the last time I worked it a couple years ago. It really is a first class setup. Very impressive.

Some of us brought some of our own guns to display and as conversation pieces. I brought an old Stevens 520 takedown 12ga pump made in 1916, a Remington Mod 81 rifle made in '47, a Timberwolf 357 mag pump rifle and a Remington Nylon 66. Other guns included an Ruger 10/22 with a beautiful laser engraved stock.

We gave away hundreds of key chains, chamber flags and flyers. I probably handed out over a couple thousand flyers the two days I was there. We also sold a bunch of memberships, T-shirts, hats etc.

On Saturday we hold gun raffles all day. Basically we sell 52 tickets, when those are sold we raffle off a gun. Winners have their choice of anything on the table. There are two raffles going on. A $20 and a $10 raffle. As soon as the tickets are sold we raffle a gun. It goes all day and is a lot of fun. And no, even though I bought a number of tickets I didn't win. All the money goes to a good cause. I didn't keep track but I'm guessing we gave away 5 or 6 guns while I was there.

Some of the guns that were on the $20 table....

$10 table

Tom, our intrepid President taking care of business

Outdoorama ends today but I encourage anyone who's interested in working the booth for a shift or two next year.
    Last edited by Garymac; 02-27-2023 at 04:38 PM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.