Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    .." WD40 is bad for guns " Really ? no evidence of that as I've used it for the past 40-50 yrs.
    I posted that I use it as a solvent/cleaner, not as a lube, or for long term storage.
    It's a great solvent, for removing carbon fouling, old built up, hardened oil, grease, etc.. been using it from close to 50 yrs..

After spraying, then letting it soak for awhile, I wipe it off, use q-tips, rags, paper towels, etc ..to clean off residue that hasn't washed off.
    After cleaning metal surfaces, I go over surfaces with an oil, Hoppes #9, or the past few yrs... FP-10
    I've never had it harm a finish, either..don't intentionally spray it on wood, but I do wipe it off when any gets on it.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    UPDATE:

I took it apart last night and hosed the action down with Kroil. Took it out today for a European Tower Hunt and then a field hunt. Shot about 125 shells and I had two light primer strikes. I can live with that.

Thank you all for the help.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Lawyer and Gunsmith. Very nice combo.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Lawyer and Gunsmith. Very nice combo.
    Before Ron Kontowsky passed away last year, I would sometimes hang out in his shop and work on guns with him. He actually taught me a lot.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    UPDATE:

I took it apart last night and hosed the action down with Kroil. Took it out today for a European Tower Hunt and then a field hunt. Shot about 125 shells and I had two light primer strikes. I can live with that.

Thank you all for the help.
    Good news!

Personally own 2 Side by sides. A cheap knock off for a beater and a Stoeger coach gun for SASS. Have done a lot of work on the Stoeger for refinements to improve shooting Cowboy action and have found both are pretty simple to diagnose for problems and then corrective action to be taken.

My experience is that with proper care and maintenance this action type is pretty much bulletproof.

Especially the higher quality models/makers.

Marketplace Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    Before Ron Kontowsky passed away last year, I would sometimes hang out in his shop and work on guns with him. He actually taught me a lot.
    Ron was a very smart gunsmith. He is missed. I was sad to hear of his passing after I recomended him. We will see him at the big shooting range at the sky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12