Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bridge MI, gun-violence-michigan-subject-next-lunch-break-event. March 10 noon

https://www.bridgemi.com/center-mich...ch-break-event

You can join a zoom call with a bunch of clueless reporters. Even ask questions.

I am a Forum User
    Spent years in law enforcement talking to everyone under the sun when I was tasked with public speaking details. Unfortunately I found it exhausting trying to have discussions about what the real root cause of violence involving firearms is. In my experience, trying to educate people that have there own mind made up by following their party or agenda is frustrating at best. I always hoped I could find someone willing to convert or at least listen, not hear, but it never occurred. Good luck to those that attend, fight the good fight!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bcsatch View Post
    Spent years in law enforcement talking to everyone under the sun when I was tasked with public speaking details. Unfortunately I found it exhausting trying to have discussions about what the real root cause of violence involving firearms is. In my experience, trying to educate people that have there own mind made up by following their party or agenda is frustrating at best. I always hoped I could find someone willing to convert or at least listen, not hear, but it never occurred. Good luck to those that attend, fight the good fight!
    And in your mind just what is the "real root cause" of firearm violence?

see you there oldman - why pass it up? Minimal investment of time and if the caboose comes loose I can go back to watching the sammich disappear.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    And in your mind just what is the "real root cause" of firearm violence?
    It starts in the home with accountability. Know what your kids are doing, who they hangout with so they aren’t planning to be the next mass shooter. Myself and ALL of my friends growing up had firearms in our homes, nobody ever got hurt, killed or even thought of using a gun to handle a problem. It’s ****** parents being friends to their kids and not the authority. Secondly, low income communities need help, the gangs are out of control and are killing people at epidemic levels. Third, mental illness has gone unchecked for decades and is showing itself now in the worst way. Dems and all their followers are either completely numb in the brain or keep dancing around the real problems that need addressed just so they can have a re-election platform. Keep trying to ban your way to safety, meanwhile people are dying and losing their constitutional rights!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bcsatch View Post
    It starts in the home with accountability. Know what your kids are doing, who they hangout with so they aren’t planning to be the next mass shooter. Myself and ALL of my friends growing up had firearms in our homes, nobody ever got hurt, killed or even thought of using a gun to handle a problem. It’s ****** parents being friends to their kids and not the authority. Secondly, low income communities need help, the gangs are out of control and are killing people at epidemic levels. Third, mental illness has gone unchecked for decades and is showing itself now in the worst way. Dems and all their followers are either completely numb in the brain or keep dancing around the real problems that need addressed just so they can have a re-election platform. Keep trying to ban your way to safety, meanwhile people are dying and losing their constitutional rights!
    Ok.. I agree with that.
    Sounds like "common sense" to me.
    Why is it so hard for the liberals to grasp the idea?
    How can GUNS be the enemy and cars get a pass?
    Cars put way more people in the hospital and graves then guns.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Ok.. I agree with that.
    Sounds like "common sense" to me.
    Why is it so hard for the liberals to grasp the idea?
    How can GUNS be the enemy and cars get a pass?
    Cars put way more people in the hospital and graves then guns.
    Completely accurate, but conveniently ignored. Everyday we hit the road we were cognizant of firearms but hyper aware of vehicles. You can survive a bullet but not a 3-5 thousand pound projectile. Anti gunners know they are ignoring the nucleus of the issues involving guns but don’t seem to care. It pains me to think people out there follow drop step behind these political games believing it’s a solution. Anti 2A’s are a special breed of people with broken minds unable to think for themselves, even when they are provided with statistical proof and common sense.

MGO Member
    Omaha Nebraska addressed violence issues by addressing homelessness, employment issues, literacy, mental health interventions, and adequate police response. Kind of got all the non profit service orgs together to add dealing with violence.They cut violence, including shootings in half. Notice I didn't say "gun violence". Violence is violence, guns are just tools.

The media likes to lay the blame of violence on guns but as I said, violence is violence. And notice how most violence occurs in urban areas. Detroit with a population of 620 K has 4 times as many violent incidences than the rest of Michigan. So what's the difference? Culture, unemployment, housing, education etc, etc.

I do think that "entertainment media" contributes to violent gun use. I'm talking about movies, video games and TV. Good or bad, like it or not, media has a great impact on how society works. When a movie/TV show/video games comes out with a cool gun, people rush out to buy them. When they show ultra violence unchecked gun usage with no consequences people tend to emulate that as well. I not advocating censorship, just responsible mindful protrayals.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Omaha Nebraska addressed violence issues by addressing homelessness, employment issues, literacy, mental health interventions, and adequate police response. Kind of got all the non profit service orgs together to add dealing with violence.They cut violence, including shootings in half. Notice I didn't say "gun violence". Violence is violence, guns are just tools.

The media likes to lay the blame of violence on guns but as I said, violence is violence. And notice how most violence occurs in urban areas. Detroit with a population of 620 K has 4 times as many violent incidences than the rest of Michigan. So what's the difference? Culture, unemployment, housing, education etc, etc.

I do think that "entertainment media" contributes to violent gun use. I'm talking about movies, video games and TV. Good or bad, like it or not, media has a great impact on how society works. When a movie/TV show/video games comes out with a cool gun, people rush out to buy them. When they show ultra violence unchecked gun usage with no consequences people tend to emulate that as well. I not advocating censorship, just responsible mindful protrayals.
    I saw the Omaha plan and it seemed sound. At the very least it had some documented positive results. I too think the media promotes bad information and enhances certain agendas. I haven’t even officially moved to Michigan yet but am starting to be apprehensive about it now. Unfortunately it’s too late, our permanent home in the UP will be finished by this summer and I will be in the middle of the storm. After growing up in Ohio and temporarily living in Indiana, it’s going to be a hard change for me if I get any push back with obtaining a CPL and bringing all my firearms into the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast