Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Fox 2 News Detroit gives air time to a handful of supposed NRA members.

Somewhere between 6:00 and 6:15pm today Fox 2 Detroit aired a handful of people behind the podium with one spokesman. The spokesman said he was a NRA member and stated that none of the newly introduced Michigan gun bills affected his 2nd Amendment rights. End of report, just a quick blurb. More fake news???
    NRA Life Member

Who knows with the NRA? The ILA arm could be MIA. But there were ILA members present in the chamber today when these bills were discussed. Nothing in my inbox from them - yet.

If you have to ask if the whole scenario is fake news, welcome back to earth.
    I see the public comment portion going along the same lines as the last push where the House Judiciary Committee will only recognize public testimony from folks like John Lott and Nikki Goeser (from the senate playbook) and walk them out in front of cameras to spew their warped denialist opinions.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by rayfin View Post
    Somewhere between 6:00 and 6:15pm today Fox 2 Detroit aired a handful of people behind the podium with one spokesman. The spokesman said he was a NRA member and stated that none of the newly introduced Michigan gun bills affected his 2nd Amendment rights. End of report, just a quick blurb. More fake news???
    I worked at our booth at Outdoorama every day last week and spoke to, and listened to hundreds of folks that would engage in conversation regarding the current legislation. I lost count of how many "gun owners" that said that they SUPPORT all of the current bills..."something needs to be done" and similar statements. There were plenty that caught a glimpse of our booth and saw Michigan GUN Owners and looked disgusted, turned-away, etc.

Is that to say that nobody that I saw and heard from opposes these bills? Oh, there were many of them, too...but my point is, people are quick to accept these things when they think it doesn't do anything to harm their rights, personally.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    ... but my point is, people are quick to accept these things when they think it doesn't do anything to harm their rights, personally.
    “First They Came for the Jews”
    by Martin Niemöller

First they came for the Jews
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a trade unionist.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left
    to speak out for me.

I am a Forum User
    50,000 gun laws on the books..

They do nothing to stop violence

But

They do everything to CREATE criminals

Account Closed Forum User
    I worked at our booth at Outdoorama every day last week and spoke to, and listened to hundreds of folks that would engage in conversation regarding the current legislation. I lost count of how many "gun owners" that said that they SUPPORT all of the current bills..."something needs to be done" and similar statements. There were plenty that caught a glimpse of our booth and saw Michigan GUN Owners and looked disgusted, turned-away, etc.

Is that to say that nobody that I saw and heard from opposes these bills? Oh, there were many of them, too...but my point is, people are quick to accept these things when they think it doesn't do anything to harm their rights, personally.
    Most outdoors people in Michigan, like bow hunters, fishermen, hikers, kayakers, boaters, campers, etc. Very few of them are into firearms these days.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Who knows with the NRA? The ILA arm could be MIA. But there were ILA members present in the chamber today when these bills were discussed. Nothing in my inbox from them - yet.

If you have to ask if the whole scenario is fake news, welcome back to earth.
    I see the public comment portion going along the same lines as the last push where the House Judiciary Committee will only recognize public testimony from folks like John Lott and Nikki Goeser (from the senate playbook) and walk them out in front of cameras to spew their warped denialist opinions.
    I've gotten a few from the ILA about the MI bills. Most recent one was last night.

Yesterday and today, committees in both chambers held public hearings for a number of anti-gun bills. Despite these being “public” hearings, the committee chairs manipulated the hearings in order to make it seem that public sentiment is one-sided in favor of the bills. A large crowd of Second Amendment supporters took the time out of their schedules to show up, but the House Judiciary Committee cut off testimony after hearing 2.5 hours of just gun control supporters and told anyone else wishing to testify to “come back next week.” The Senate Civil Rights, Judiciary and Public Safety Committee pulled a similar stunt, only allowing two well-known opponents to testify: researcher John Lott and violent crime survivor Nikki Goeser.
    The ones before just named and explained the bills and why they needed to be shot down.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    Most outdoors people in Michigan, like bow hunters, fishermen, hikers, kayakers, boaters, campers, etc. Very few of them are into firearms these days.
    Go to Michigan sportsman site and you can’t even hardly talk about these things, one sub forum is about firearms but no political talk!

Was probably a Fudd or an actor.

MGO Board of Directors

I have seen people on these forums selling long guns and requiring a PP to complete the sale, and many that want photos of your ID and other things.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast