Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    Try a wanted ad here, many older tube fed rifles shoot 22 short like a Remington model 550-1, I'm sure other Reminton's do as well, I bet Winchester offers some as they have a quite a few different older models out there such as models 190 and 290 shoot shorts, Stevens, Savage, Mossberg, Springfield, Browning off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more especially the Sears or Montgomery Wards models also, maybe even older Marlin model 60's will shoot shorts?
    I forgot to mention that I am looking at semi auto pistols in .22 short.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    Have bought many guns ammo and scopes on GB and so far, have not had a bad experience. I do try first to go to seller website and purchase direct if possible. Won’t do deals with those sellers that don’t have positive ratings or very few.

Much prefer to find and deal on MGO though!

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    I forgot to mention that I am looking at semi auto pistols in .22 short.
    No problem, slow night last night, it got my brain thinking about different older guns.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I've bought a few off GB, do your due diligence, read and reread description, look at all the fees and remember to add in FFL on your end, don't deal with negative sellers. If you have any questions ask - this should also show you how responsive they are if a problem comes up.

All my dealings have been great and in one case I was able to get my Wife a pistol she had been looking at but was unavailable locally or anywhere else at the time ( Sig P938 ) for a price that was surprisingly low after Shipping and FFL fees.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve gotten lucky more than a few times on GB..

Picked up a mossberg mvp patrol in 308 for under 500 NIB..

With shipping and FFL it cost me less than 600 so I was happy for sure..

Best advice only buy what can purchased with a cc and search for ending soonest and you can sometimes find deals got a DD rifle for 1100 last year

I am a Forum User
    If I want a current production gun, I will go local. If I am looking for an out of production or C&R firearm, I have a better chance of finding it on GB.
    The classified's here are great but most are 3+ hour drive each way for me. That kind of kick's it for me.
    As others have said diligence on the buyer's part is key.

I am a Forum User
    I have used GB for years as both a buyer and seller. The vast majority of sellers are legit. Always look at their ratings and how much feedback they have. I had one auction I won that didn’t seem right when I communicated with the seller. Asked multiple times for specific photos of the weapon and made multiple phone calls. No response. Never paid. Even helped another guy avoid being scammed by this seller. The downside now is the sales tax they charge. I have even done deals with sellers off GB when their item didn’t sell to save thousands in Michigan sales tax. You can find nice high end weapons on GB which is rare on MGO. Sniper’s Hide and HKPro are also great sites with nice weapons no sales tax etc… Always be diligent and if it’s too good to be true it’s probably a scam. Beware WTB ads scammer heaven!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    If you find it on gunbroker, go to the vendors website or contact them to purchase. Vendors pay ~4% in fees of the selling price. I'm sure there are other sellers like me who would gladly cut a deal.
    Exactly. I've had customers contact me directly and I've contacted other directly to work something out. Seller doesn't have to eat Gunbroker fees and the buyer probably won't get charged sales tax either...win/win.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    I have used GB for years as both a buyer and seller. The vast majority of sellers are legit. Always look at their ratings and how much feedback they have. I had one auction I won that didn’t seem right when I communicated with the seller. Asked multiple times for specific photos of the weapon and made multiple phone calls. No response. Never paid. Even helped another guy avoid being scammed by this seller. The downside now is the sales tax they charge. I have even done deals with sellers off GB when their item didn’t sell to save thousands in Michigan sales tax. You can find nice high end weapons on GB which is rare on MGO. Sniper’s Hide and HKPro are also great sites with nice weapons no sales tax etc… Always be diligent and if it’s too good to be true it’s probably a scam. Beware WTB ads scammer heaven!!
    how do you protect yourself on a forum like hkpro

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    how do you protect yourself on a forum like hkpro
    I will ask seller to write my name and number or whatever on a piece of paper and position in such a way that it would be impossible to photoshop. Legit sellers will gladly do that. I’ve have yet to meet a seller that could prove he has the item for sale not ship it. Most true gun guys are stand up people. One of the very very expensive transaction I made from hkpro I actually drove almost 4 hours to the sellers home in Ohio to exam the weapon, accessories etc….I would have flown cross country to exam this one!! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12