Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Cost per weapon isn't really that bad although $100 for a muzzle device that's machined out of about $.50 worth of steel is a bit hard to swallow. But just like everything else if you want to play you got to pay.

I'm leaning towards the ASR system but would like to hear from someone who's actually used it for their thoughts.

ETA: Just saw this after I posted my response. Thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    SilencerCo ASR is my preference.

If you have access to a lathe and mill you can make the mounts. They should be hardened so that they don't want to stick though. I also don't think they should be $90-$100 but I've bought over a dozen ASR mounts and have only made one. Pics of the one I made from a piece of 4140 barrel drop. 1st pic waiting on straight knurling wheel to make ratchet teeth, Tested on gun, hardened and parkerized. Next time I get motivated to make some for myself I'll most likely make a bunch since the machines will be set up and that's most of the work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MGO Member
    That's really nice work! I don't have access to a machine nor the skills to run one so that option is out for me. Trust me I'd do as much of it myself as possible but it's just out of my wheelhouse.

Thanks, I got the Hybrid to go hunting with as I hate wearing ear muffs or plugs and figure I'm deaf enough as it is. The ASR QD mount makes it fast and easy to put the suppressor on for the walk out to the treestand, take it off while its getting hoisted up and then back on in the stand on any gun I happen to take that day which most have a ASR brake mount on them. There are a few guns that I don't want to put an ASR brake on, so the direct thread mounts still get used.

MGO Member
    One of the things I like about the ASR is the single port muzzle brakes. Nice and short and perfect for something you just want to put a QD mount on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    One of the things I like about the ASR is the single port muzzle brakes. Nice and short and perfect for something you just want to put a QD mount on.
    I haven't bought any of the single port brakes. I have noticed that whatever I'm shooting is noticably quieter with the ASR brake and mount over the standard direct thread mount.

MGO Member
    Most of the QD mounts are by far not anything you would call "sexy" but they are meant to serve a purpose, not win a beauty contest.

I have an utilize the Silencerco ASR system, as i have several SiCo silencers in my inventory for usage. The tolerances in machining nowadays is such that you should see no large loss in accuracy compared to the direct thread mounting, but you do save the hassles of time involved with switching thread adapters in the can for different threads on the rifles. On top of the fact that the acme threads on the QD adapters are designed to be off/on/off/on quickly and easily without damaging the threads, whereas if you accidentally cross-thread or damage the threads on your rifle when doing the direct thread option, then that is an expensive job to fix, or problematic if you do that to a 16" barrel than now requires being cut down to re-thread. Or damage the internal threads on your suppressor when swapping the adapters around. I have never utilized any of my direct thread adapters that came with my SiCo suppressors

I would only really go direct thread of it was a dedicated suppressor that was to stay on a particular rifle and not swapped around.

Just my .02, but different folks will obviously have different experience.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

SureFire SOCOM
    AAC 51T
    HK 3 Lug
    KAC
    SOLGW NOX
    I've pretty much got a full collection of them and tried them all. Honestly, they all seem to work just fine with some being more prone to carbon lock than others.
    I know the new hotness is going back to direct thread (which I do for my SCAR 20S), but since I've had 0 issues after 10,000's of rounds down various firearms from 9mm to .308, I stick with the QDs.
    My favorite is the 51T since I've never had carbon lock on it. My least favorite is the KAC since I've had to use a vice to get the SOB off before.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    My suppressor game is old I think..

I’ve got a spec war that uses the mounting system from silencer co and I’ve never had a problem with it..

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    My suppressor game is old I think..

I’ve got a spec war that uses the mounting system from silencer co and I’ve never had a problem with it..
    That would be the ASR system, that is what they currently have stuck with, and they did away with the system that was introduced and used on the initial release of the Saker (MAAD mount system). The ASR has served me and my rifle well for a long time now. Next you'll need to come visit to get yourself lined up with a Hybrid for your arsenal.....hehe
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast