Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Just what the world needs....another expensive 1911
    MSRP of $1350 to $1500 isn't bad for a non-polymer, stainless steel machined firearm, especially if the end product warrants that price. Yes, there are cheaper 1911's available, but that's almost always been the case and the saying "you get what you pay for" usually applies. And of course there are many more expensive 1911's out there.
    Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Just what the world needs....another expensive 1911
    Actually i consider this a competitive priced 1911.
    There are few makes under this price, but more than a couple over it. You’ll pay close to this for a CZ, HK or other higher quality plastic pistol
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    MSRP of $1350 to $1500 isn't bad for a non-polymer, stainless steel machined firearm, especially if the end product warrants that price. Yes, there are cheaper 1911's available, but that's almost always been the case and the saying "you get what you pay for" usually applies. And of course there are many more expensive 1911's out there.
    In early 2000's I bought my first expensive 1911. I had always liked the 1911, but was underwhelmed by it's accuracy. Until I bought that Kimber Team Match II.
    That gun turned me into a 1911 fanboy. I ended up selling it when money got tight, and I regret it to this day.
    My every day gun is a Sig STX that is delightfully accurate.
    I think I need one or two more 1911's, but this time I want to go top shelf...
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    In early 2000's I bought my first expensive 1911. I had always liked the 1911, but was underwhelmed by it's accuracy. Until I bought that Kimber Team Match II.
    That gun turned me into a 1911 fanboy. I ended up selling it when money got tight, and I regret it to this day.
    My every day gun is a Sig STX that is delightfully accurate.
    I think I need one or two more 1911's, but this time I want to go top shelf...
    I too bought a Kimber in the very early 2000’s and still have it, along with a few more 1911s today. I will always have room for another along with good quality revolvers.
    BTW a top shelf 1911 today will cost you 5X’s the price you paid for that Kimber. I recall paying for mine right around $600, a Nighthawk or Baer will go $3k plus.
    Should have kept that Kimber
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I too bought a Kimber in the very early 2000’s and still have it, along with a few more 1911s today. I will always have room for another along with good quality revolvers.
    BTW a top shelf 1911 today will cost you 5X’s the price you paid for that Kimber. I recall paying for mine right around $600, a Nighthawk or Baer will go $3k plus.
    My Team Match II was $1300. About the same for my STX. I'm embarrassed to admit what I paid for the Sig P210 Target, but back then they were hard to get.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I bought a Nighthawk 1911 in 9mm. It was more than the $1350 - $1500 of the topic of this thread and had to be returned to Nighthawk for an unacceptable trigger pull. They fixed it and it's a great shooter. So even a higher price won't guarantee perfection out of the box. Over the years, I have had many 1911's from Colts to Auto Ordnance to Kimbers to S&W to Nighthawk and even a Brazilian made under Colt license. Every Colt needed after work for various problems. Once tweaked, they all worked as advertised. The best out of the box was a S&W Performance Shop that I would put up against any $3000/$4000 1911. IIRC, I paid around $1200 but that was in 2016.
    Lighten up Francis.

I am a Forum User
    My first 1911 was an 80 series Gold Cup, bought from a friend that bought it right after the 80 series was introduced ( this was around 1980)
    He already owned a 70 series GC, bought the 80 series to see if he liked it better, Shot 1 box of ammo thru it, decided he preferred his 70 series.
    Sold me the 80 series, shortly thereafter. 1st time I took it out, shooting < 100 rds, the front sight fell off.
    Had a LGS install a Millet dual crimp front sight..they did a poor install.
    Years later, I took the GC to Terry Tussey, whose shop was in Anaheim, and he removed the sight, showed me the misaligned holes they'd
    drilled when installing the sight ( they didn't use the jig to align the holes.) Terry re-drilled the holes & mounted the sight correctly.
    Terry became my go-to gunsmith after this, until he relocated to Nevada.
    I never knew his rep as a "gunsmith to the stars".. he was a great gunsmith & a genuine nice guy.
    Still have that GC.
    Last edited by joepistol; 07-12-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    My first 1911 was an 80 series Gold Cup, bought from a friend that bought it right after the 80 series was introduced ( this was around 1980)
    He already owned a 70 series GC, bought the 80 series to see if he liked it better, Shot 1 box of ammo thru it, decided he preferred his 70 series.
    Sold me the 80 series, shortly thereafter. 1st time I took it out, shooting < 100 rds, the front sight fell off.
    Had a LGS install a Millet dual crimp front sight..they did a poor install.
    Years later, I took the GC to Terry Tussey, whose shop was in Anaheim, and he removed the sight, showed me the misaligned holes they'd
    drilled when installing the sight ( they didn't use the jig to align the holes.) Terry re-drilled the holes & mounted the sight correctly.
    Terry became my go-to gunsmith after this, until he relocated to Nevada.
    I never knew his rep as a "gunsmith to the stars".. he was a great gunsmith & a genuine nice guy.
    Still have that GC.
    When I reinstall a 1911 type front sight, I put a dab of JB Weld in the hole, then crimp it in place. So far (knock on wood) I've had to redo one.
    Lighten up Francis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12