Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

new 1911 ..from Savage ?.. A review by GunsAmerica

You may have seen a notice that Savage is bringing a new 1911 to the market.
    As a 1911 fan, I was interested. Saw this review of the new pistol & decided to share it here.
    This is not MY review, I haven't even seen this model yet..but thought some might be interested in the review.
    Here's the link : https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/t...1-full-review/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/t...1-full-review/

Must be the year of the double stack 1911, both Springfield and Nighthawk have just announced they have one coming out too
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

1911 -

The 351 Cleveland of firearms (Or the Ford 400 straight 6; 350 Chevy; 500 / 472 c/i Cadillac, 4 L Jeep inline 6, Chrysler Slant 6 ........................and even some 'furrin' ones..................etal )

If I had to have only one pistol, I would rather have the 1911 than all the plastic-or-not hi-cap-or-not 'others' regardless of caliber b/c, BION, it just 'fits' and always has and there's a more than slight sense of faith and confidence in how it points and shoots to me.

It may be the only 'gun' with a little bit of 'eternity' in its design

If I had to have only one pistol, I would rather have the 1911 than all the plastic-or-not hi-cap-or-not 'others' regardless of caliber
    I agree as does the contents of my safe. DW, Springfield, Kimber, RI, 45acp or 9mm they are all good.
    Then again I’m a steel and wood guy regardless, rifle or handgun. They are getting harder and harder to find now days though unless you want an older design. Even the 1911 is being offered with a polymer frame by EEA iirc.

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    .. " the 1911 is being offered with a polymer frame by EEA iirc. .." this may be true ( not really surprising, IMO ) but NOT for ME.

A 1911 needs to be real steel, or SS, for it to be of interest to me..
    I had an aluminum-framed Dan Wesson (Guardian) ..beautiful, well built 1911, but ended up selling it, as the aluminum frame felt too light.
    Sold it, & bought a Bul Armory, an all SS 1911 ( in Cmdr. size) and am much happier with it, & shoot it better too.

If I didn't already have an assortment of 1911's ( in different sizes & cals) I'd buy a few more Bul Armory 1911's..

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I agree as does the contents of my safe. DW, Springfield, Kimber, RI, 45acp or 9mm they are all good.
    Then again I’m a steel and wood guy regardless, rifle or handgun. They are getting harder and harder to find now days though unless you want an older design. Even the 1911 is being offered with a polymer frame by EEA iirc.
    Steel and Wood reminds me of the Rem 721 / 722. (And earlier 725 and later older 700 as well)

Most were exceptionally accurate right out of the box, (esp the .222 mdl 722) and could be even further accurized to a large degree.

(Then again, I also remember when cars had frames and the body metal could be 'bumped' and even welded )

Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    Steel and Wood reminds me of the Rem 721 / 722. (And earlier 725 and later older 700 as well)

Most were exceptionally accurate right out of the box, (esp the .222 mdl 722) and could be even further accurized to a large degree.

(Then again, I also remember when cars had frames and the body metal could be 'bumped' and even welded )

Careful you’re showing your age

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Careful you’re showing your age
    Sort'a 'sliding' smoothly into my destiny really

(And I never cared that much for applause anyway )

Plus I could never 'jitterbug' worth a damn - How's that for one out of the 'archives?'

Take care...

I am a Forum User
    Ageless Time to fish - No time to dance

https://www.amazon.com/Arbogast-Trip...41075139&psc=1

MGO Member
    Just what the world needs....another expensive 1911
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast