Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member

Gun shows at novi suburban collection show place price hike

Was looking at the novi show place and was shocked to see all parking is now 10.00 per car ��for gun shows

MGO Member
    Mo money, Mo money...........

MGO Member
    Not the only price hike. Stupid high prices inside

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgsailor View Post
    Not the only price hike. Stupid high prices inside
    I had everything at or below manufacturer set minimum advertised pricing and had to give stuff away to move product. Each table costs $75 plus $35 for electricity. A typically firearm only has a gross margin of 10-12% for a retailer, which is crap. Credit card fees are typically 2.5%.

I saw plenty of other retailers that had new guns selling for $250-400 that were only marked up $20.

In my experience gun shows are a race to the bottom for retailers.

MGO Member
    I will go the antique show late April but I am done going there

I am a Forum User
    You must mean Apr 7/8 right?

https://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/michigan-gun-shows/

Honestly I'd rather go to a small show like Lapeer and not get raped on the fees.

MGO Member
    April 22 antique arms. Wrinkleshirt,saline this weekend no parking fee

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I had everything at or below manufacturer set minimum advertised pricing and had to give stuff away to move product. Each table costs $75 plus $35 for electricity. A typically firearm only has a gross margin of 10-12% for a retailer, which is crap. Credit card fees are typically 2.5%.

I saw plenty of other retailers that had new guns selling for $250-400 that were only marked up $20.

In my experience gun shows are a race to the bottom for retailers.
    ^^This is reality, no question.

I've been a long time fan of gun shows. I like to look around and see what is out there, even
    if I do not buy anything. But, with Novi at $10 to get in AND $10 to park, I'm done. $5 for parking was too much. There are plenty of smaller shows that do not gouge the gun folks. The Monroe Old Time K of C is a good show, as is (maybe) Taylor town. No reason to support the Suburban Collection greed any more.
    No Regards,
    Costanza
    Last edited by costanza; 03-14-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I've been a long time fan of gun shows. I like to look around and see what is out there, even
    if I do not buy anything. But, with Novi at $10 to get in AND $10 to park, I'm done. $5 for parking was too much. There are plenty of smaller shows that do not gouge the gun folks. The Monroe Old Time K of C is a good show, as is (maybe) Taylor town. No reason to support the Suburban Collection greed any more.
    No Regards,
    Costanza
    So you have spend $20 and only have a stamp on your hand to show for it. Plus the cost of gas to get there. I can remember the light guard armory gun show taking a few hours to just walk through to see everything. Don’t remember all the other things for sale that weren’t gun related for sale( books, clothing even had a guy selling eyeglasses cleaner the last time I went. No thanks I won’t be going anytime soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast