Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I used to go when it was a reason to get out of the house, look at guns, and catch Hooters for lunch. Shows you how long it's been since I've gone to one

I am a Forum User
    Hooters was across the street from The Gibralter Trade Center in Taylor. A while ago

Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    So you have spend $20 and only have a stamp on your hand to show for it. Plus the cost of gas to get there. I can remember the light guard armory gun show taking a few hours to just walk through to see everything. Don’t remember all the other things for sale that weren’t gun related for sale( books, clothing even had a guy selling eyeglasses cleaner the last time I went. No thanks I won’t be going anytime soon.
    NO. I have not spent $20. The parking price has not gone up to $10 since I was last there. And should I choose to just window shop, It is MY money spent, NOT yours.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    all the good events shows at novi ,gun shows,swap meets ect are now 10 buck parking

MGO Member
    If they pass the rest of their agenda pretty much ends gun shows in Michigan. Read down they want a 14 day wait till you can pick up your new gun. So you see a gun you want, pay for it then have to find out where the dealer will be in 2 weeks to bring it home, “won’t kill any sales”.

https://www.wnem.com/2023/03/22/mich...rage-proposal/

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I had everything at or below manufacturer set minimum advertised pricing and had to give stuff away to move product. Each table costs $75 plus $35 for electricity. A typically firearm only has a gross margin of 10-12% for a retailer, which is crap. Credit card fees are typically 2.5%.

I saw plenty of other retailers that had new guns selling for $250-400 that were only marked up $20.

In my experience gun shows are a race to the bottom for retailers.
    The race to the bottom started with the Bill Goodman shows. He'd squeeze vendors to take more tables than necessary. Jacked up the prices and the vendors either passed it on or stopped coming. I don't envy you trying to make a buck at theses *****shows.
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CV67PAT View Post
    The race to the bottom started with the Bill Goodman shows. He'd squeeze vendors to take more tables than necessary. Jacked up the prices and the vendors either passed it on or stopped coming. I don't envy you trying to make a buck at theses *****shows.
    The only win was covering cash flow for the next month, but other than that, a waste of time. I'm still amazed by people who get into expensive hobbies that pinch pennies to the extreme.

Attachment 120507
    I miss the good old days when we could buy assault rifles at the gun shows
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

Been a long, long time since I attended a gun show with any expectations of buying something.
    If I do go it's to look around & get out of the house for a few. But I think the parking fees are ridiculous.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I went, and was shocked at the price. They made $30 off me and my friend. I also bought a magazine for $25 too for my Kel-Tek P32.

Joke's on them though, I was wearing my "computer psychiatrist" shirt and someone asked me if I worked on them. So I ended up making some cash. Got a $120 red dot with a green laser and $20 for gas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast