Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Russian anti-drone long range EMP rifle

Russian anti-drone long range EMP rifle

Do we have anything like this in America?

Sort of. Don’t know what it’s called, but it’s a large Yagi (non parabolic directional antenna) on a rifle stock with a sight. It sends out high energy radio signals that disables the drones ability to “hear” is operators signal, and interferes with its ability to function electronically. It’s not a one shot kill though, the user has to follow the drone to the ground until it crashes.It’s been around for a few years. I remember seeing marketing materials for it geared towards law enforcement a while ago.

Not new tech though. It’s basically just a very directional portable radio jammer. Easy to make too.

I am a Forum User
    The US has a few different companies that are working on things like that. Battelle Memorial Institute has a design that the Army has been evaluating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pvbuI7V5U

DroneShield has a similar design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmVTbBB0Qc

Important to note that both of those have a pack carried power source for increased signal strength/longer operating time.

Ukraine has supposedly been actively using a Lithuanian design from NT Service, the EDM4S.

To answer that definitively would violate a few NDAs. But yes. And it is not the Yagi monstrosity.

As far as the video, that's just a link or gps jammer - no matter what they say - the dude is an idiot anyway. The "EMP" battery/capacitor alone would be much much bigger than that.
    Think crew served size for bulk and heft...like a turret mounted ma-deuce. Not too many people would hump a M2A1 in the trenches.

Imagine what a "long range EMP" blaster would do to all the other non-shielded tech like radios and blue force trackers and radars in the surrounding areas and along the path. Not nearly long enough to make that narrow of a EM/RF beam either.

I know a guy who knows a guy I can't remember the name of that has a directional jammer in the grille (3,4 & what they call 5g freqs) for the southerners who like to yammer on their phones and not pay attention on their vacay to the north woods to where they're going or who they just cut off. Flip the switch, call drops.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    I know a guy who knows a guy I can't remember the name of that has a directional jammer in the grille (3,4 & what they call 5g freqs) for the southerners who like to yammer on their phones and not pay attention on their vacay to the north woods to where they're going or who they just cut off. Flip the switch, call drops.
    Now that is a handy tool. Wish I had one.

A CB radio can down an RC airplane.
    The one in the video uses what is called a cantenna waveguide. You can make them out of a Pringles can.
    Just build it for the frequency of drones, and transmit a hefty RF signal at them, overpowering the bad guys' transmitter.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.