Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4198 of 2023 - Allow local units of government to impose certain restrictions on firearms

HB 4198 of 2023
    Weapons: other; local units of government imposing certain restrictions on firearms; allow.
    Last Action: 3/8/2023 bill electronically reproduced 03/08/2023
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

This is an attack on open carry of firearms by allowing local units of government to prohibit at will.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    So, when I am open carrying on my farm doing daily work, activities, etc., if my township would prohibit open carrying, I'd be out of luck?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    So, when I am open carrying on my farm doing daily work, activities, etc., if my township would prohibit open carrying, I'd be out of luck?
    I would like to see a township up north pass this, and then someone make them arrest every hunter in the woods on November 15th.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

violates State Constitution Art. I, § 6
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

It would also violate the SCOTUS ruling in NY vs Bruen, you can't make too many places "off limits", whether State or Local, it falls under the same ruling an reasoning.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

It would also violate the SCOTUS ruling in NY vs Bruen, you can't make too many places "off limits", whether State or Local, it falls under the same ruling an reasoning.
    Obviously they don't care about that and would rather us taking our time and money to overturn it until we lose all $$ and the will. Or they are held accountable to Title 18 sect 242.

I think that Title 18 SECT 241 would be closer to the facts.

"Section 241 makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree to injure, threaten, or intimidate a person in the United States in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the Constitution or laws of the Unites States or because of his or her having exercised such a right."

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    It might take the Leftists longer, but there is nothing in the state constitution or statutes they cannot change over the next election cycle. They did it with abortion; they can certainly do it with 2A rights. Where there's a will and an entrenched drop-and-roll-absentee-ballot cheat system, anything can be made to happen. It's barely an inconvenience for these people as they control the media, the election process, and the vote counting apparatus.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTK View Post
    It might take the Leftists longer, but there is nothing in the state constitution or statutes they cannot change over the next election cycle. They did it with abortion; they can certainly do it with 2A rights. Where there's a will and an entrenched drop-and-roll-absentee-ballot cheat system, anything can be made to happen. It's barely an inconvenience for these people as they control the media, the election process, and the vote counting apparatus.
    And this is made worse when the other party runs marginally-electable and unelectable candidates.

But don't forget, as much as it shocks most of us, a LOT of people in this state actually want this stuff. They would be quite happy to make guns cease to exist, wave the wand (or gavel) and they're gone, Harry Potter style. So these restrictions feel like incremental progress to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MTK View Post
    Exactly.