Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mi650 View Post
    I did that once, and got dinged by a mod for it. Rule #7, no more than 1 firearm per ad.

Posting 40 or 50 in single ads, aside being a bit of a pain, I'd think more likely to get the attention of alphabet agencies.
    You are allowed to sell a collection, one money for all, if you sell individually then one gun per ad.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    You are allowed to sell a collection, one money for all, if you sell individually then one gun per ad.
    Might be worth a shot.

MGO Member
    Personally if I didn't want a hassle of selling individually I'd take them to Vassar, Albrecht Auctions, bidnow.us.

They do a gun auction once a month. Call ahead to schedule a time to drop off that many guns. They have a FFL and guns on there often go for higher than retail. That is quick, easy and probably only 1.5 hours from you.

You can do reserves if you want, but I highly doubt you'll need it because I've never seen a gun go for "too cheap". After the completed sale a couple weeks later you'll get a check. I think that is the easiest way to get this done fast. I'm driving a friend over there who has about 10 pistols to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    Personally if I didn't want a hassle of selling individually I'd take them to Vassar, Albrecht Auctions, bidnow.us.

They do a gun auction once a month. Call ahead to schedule a time to drop off that many guns. They have a FFL and guns on there often go for higher than retail. That is quick, easy and probably only 1.5 hours from you.

You can do reserves if you want, but I highly doubt you'll need it because I've never seen a gun go for "too cheap". After the completed sale a couple weeks later you'll get a check. I think that is the easiest way to get this done fast. I'm driving a friend over there who has about 10 pistols to sell.
    I'll look into them. Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post

I might try that this month too. I heard it's hilarious what morons will pay there.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    I might try that this month too. I heard it's hilarious what morons will pay there.
    I tried a different auction house before, and granted some stuff went for OK prices. ammo especially went for crazy prices!! Bulk packs of .22lr for $50+.

I wasn't allowed to put a reserve on anything, but could bid on my own stuff. Had to pay a 3% fee to 'buy' my own stuff back, plus a 4473.

Just looked at the Vassar site....not sure if it was to be a joke or not but someone paid $255 for a Hi-point C9

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsparky View Post
    Just looked at the Vassar site....not sure if it was to be a joke or not but someone paid $255 for a Hi-point C9
    God help us I hope that’s not accurate.
    They are sub $190 all day new.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

That site is not buyer friendly for firearms. They add 13% buyer's premium and still take the 6% sales tax. FFLs there also charge anywhere from $5-$20 to do your 4478.
    Might be 10% premium for cash, but how do you pay cash online?

So a $190 hi-point + 13% premium fee is $214.70, + 6% tax is $227.58! And don't forget the NICS fee too, lets take the lowest I've seen ($5).

Now your $190 hi-point just cost you $232.58. Assuming your high bid was $190.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    That site is not buyer friendly for firearms. They add 13% buyer's premium and still take the 6% sales tax. FFLs there also charge anywhere from $5-$20 to do your 4478.
    Might be 10% premium for cash, but how do you pay cash online?

So a $190 hi-point + 13% premium fee is $214.70, + 6% tax is $227.58! And don't forget the NICS fee too, lets take the lowest I've seen ($5).

Now your $190 hi-point just cost you $232.58. Assuming your high bid was $190.
    The site isn't "buyer friendly" not only because of the premium, but also the prices that people are bidding. I've bid on literally 100's of guns there, and I bid to a realistic price considering the premium, etc. I've only won 4, and one of those I overpaid.

Apparently there is something about an auction and people pay crazy prices. So yes, in short the site isn't "buyer friendly", but it is EXTREMELY "seller friendly" especially if you have a large lot you want to get rid of or something you can't sell on here, but need cash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast