Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

AR pistol to AR SBR?

Ok, so the dingleberries are forcing you to register your AR Pistol as an SBR. Being that it is registered as a pistol, but they allow you to throw a 16"+ upper on and now be a "rifle" again (even though the lower is still a registered pistol) , are you allowed to just file the paperwork for it as an SBR and be done with it? (Allowing for a fully adjustable stock now instead of the "brace". My words may not be correct but I hope someone understands what I am getting at.

I am a Forum User
    You're mixing state and federal "registration," even though state "registration" are sales transaction records not actual registration. It's a pistol until it's not a pistol by configuration.

As far as filing for the tax stamp, there's bills, lawsuits and injunctions filed in regards to it. Don't self-incriminate by sending in pictures. If you're worried about it, eat the $200 and file a normal form 1.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A248047 View Post
    Ok, so the dingleberries are forcing you to register your AR Pistol as an SBR. Being that it is registered as a pistol, but they allow you to throw a 16"+ upper on and now be a "rifle" again (even though the lower is still a registered pistol) , are you allowed to just file the paperwork for it as an SBR and be done with it? (Allowing for a fully adjustable stock now instead of the "brace". My words may not be correct but I hope someone understands what I am getting at.

The way I read it is simply to take off the "brace" and leave the buffer tube and you should be good as an AR pistol. Or, as it's always been, you can make a pistol into a rifle, but not a rifle into a pistol. So yeah, throw on a 16" upper/barrel and you're good to go.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.