Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by bcsatch View Post
    So glad I will be in the UP where it seems sensible people live. I feel for all of you downstate having to deal with corrupt government almost directly. We travel extensively for work and have to be in large metro areas often and I see nothing but agendas and degradation. We moved out of Columbus, Ohio a few years ago, they just banned 30 rounders within city limits and that city is as crappy and dangerous as Detroit.
    I have lived in the UP since 1982, witnessed a lot of change. Remember, the UP is still in Mi, all of the UP voted Red in the last election, except Marquette County! Marquette county is the Detroit/Ann Arbor/Lansing of the UP. Our state Rep, Jen Hill is a Dem thru and thru and will vote with her party every time! Which she has done on all the gun laws currently being considered.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    Are you serious?

As a 2A supporter I have zero interest in listening to an anti Second Amendment gun control advocate. One openly advocating to deprive me and my family of our Constitutionally enshrined rights. Least of all on a site supposedly here to promote that right. To me it calls the organization into question and makes it appear Fuddish.

An anti, trolling this site to sow division and lies in an attempt to deprive me and my family of our liberties in no way shape or form makes the world a less “sad” or less “lonely” place.

Coming from a supposedly 2A sight…

Unbelievable.
    Are you saying the Mods should ban anyone that posts anything that they "feel" is against the 2A? How about when people get into the open carry/concealed carry discussions, I would expect someone to be banned there also.

I do not agree with any of the new laws being put forth in our state. Unfortunately many people (a few on here) feel that they do not affect them so see no harm in them. And these same people are surprised coming to a guns right sight and not being welcomed. They can now tell their anti 2A family and friends that they support gun laws. The issue they do not understand is this is only the tip of the iceberg. universal background checks are a prelude to gun registration. What I even see in the laws as they are written is reference to a license for a gun, like the gun itself needs the license.

Currently there is no way to monitor any of these new laws. did I mention registration? How about Dr. offices and teachers asking kids about guns in the home (they already do) and you kids friends parents asking if you have a gun in the home to know if it's safe for little Jonny to come play at your house. We have already proved people will call and turn their neighbors in for violating the rules as proven during the pandemic. this could lead to a few officers at your door to do a "safety check"

So, when someone states that they agree with some of the new laws as being "common sense" I initially think if they understood what these laws did, and how they do affect them. If they had common sense to realize these laws will do nothing to stop crime or death and the capacity to learn the truth. The laws will only apply to the law abiding people, not the criminal. I do not think it is about any thing other than a feel good law that someone says they supported. Yes there is that point that I realize some people are not going to listen to logic, they actually are just stirring the pot.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Wow, have you guys never heard "don't feed the trolls". The trolls around here must be literally bursting at the seams! Very few people are the slightest bit open minded these days, everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is little point in engaging with people of opposing views, just add to ignore list and done. Just my opinion

MGO Member
    Leave cat food on the porch at night if you want, but don’t be surprised if it brings the coons around…

Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    Leave cat food on the porch at night if you want, but don’t be surprised if it brings the coons around…
    Nice analogy - and counterpoint to the "meh, just ignore them. who cares if it's an anti-2a manifesto available for general public consumption located at a pro-2a message forum?"

I am a Forum User
    Squeaky wheel gets the grease. You have to be vocal, yet methodical when dealing with anti 2A individuals and groups. These people, while obviously unable to use their own brains for thought, will be like ants at a picnic. The decades old stance of “ban your way to safety” won’t go away but will grow if that’s all people hear. You can’t reason or change the minds of individuals or groups that are not driven by thought, they live to push agendas and make decisions based off feelings and fads. You can only hope to wear down and frustrate them until they fragment and start eating their own.

I am a Forum User
    Two Michigan media stories yesterday, ostensibly on SB 0079 and HB 4144, seem primarily to be attack vehicles deployed against State Republican Chair Kristina Karamo:

Michigan passes ‘safe storage’ gun bill; state GOP likens it to Nazism

Firearm dealer lawsuit immunity point of contention in passage of safe storage bills

Today, only Democrats are allowed to claim blatant infringements on liberty are tantamount to the Nazi Gleichschaltung. Somehow the anti Semitic provisions of the 1938 Waffengesetze have been disappeared from history.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213