Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Crimson trace hardline pro anyone with knowledge?

Amazon has these scopes on sale right now and the features sound lights out..

The typical gun review websites give the same glowing review that every gun scope manufacturer gets..

But does anyone have any real world experience with these scopes?

Are they really 1000 dollar quality scopes for under 300 dollars or just a gimmick?

Probably mounting on a 308 rifle that isn’t going to cross the 500 yard threshold in its life and will likely be shooting sub 200 or even 100 yards locally..

Buy once/ cry once on something better or are these diamonds in the rough?

No they're not $1,000 scopes for $300. They're a $450-$500 scope for $300.
    Glass is ok (Philippines not Japan I think). Limited elevation adjustment (I bottomed out a few times). Limited in windage too. Really just limited in adjustment ability overall. Knobs are mush, not positive clicks. Illumination is not incremental, has a mind of it's own.
    On my 308, sometimes zero would wander.
    No parralax adjustment, on a Second Focal Plane scope! Messes with my eyes under mid and greater magnification.

It is comparable to (don't laugh) to a UTG with the same options. In my opinion. I took my leapers over the Crimson plus a few bonus features (and more eye relief) for almost the same price and I don't regret it.

There are good deals out there. But nobody is going to sell a $1k scope for $300.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    No they're not $1,000 scopes for $300. They're a $450-$500 scope for $300.
    Glass is ok (Philippines not Japan I think). Limited elevation adjustment (I bottomed out a few times). Limited in windage too. Really just limited in adjustment ability overall. Knobs are mush, not positive clicks. Illumination is not incremental, has a mind of it's own.
    On my 308, sometimes zero would wander.
    No parralax adjustment, on a Second Focal Plane scope! Messes with my eyes under mid and greater magnification.

It is comparable to (don't laugh) to a UTG with the same options. In my opinion. I took my leapers over the Crimson plus a few bonus features (and more eye relief) for almost the same price and I don't regret it.

There are good deals out there. But nobody is going to sell a $1k scope for $300.
    No laughing at all

Appreciate the feedback honestly

I haven’t found my new rifle scopes since Nikon and have been looking to find the new Nikon

I am a Forum User
    294BACB9-013B-47B6-B15F-E23187275B09.jpg

I ended up ordering it figuring if I hate it, no harm and I can return to Amazon..

Did I make a bad call for the price?

Only time will tell if it is right for you.
    If you like it and it meets your needs - it doesn't matter what others think.
    I'd check the policy on scope returns though.
    Tried to return one and they took it back eventually with a restocking fee but didn't want to because you could see that it was mounted in scope rings.

Come back and let us know how you like(d) it.

I am a Forum User
    Okay so we have had very different experiences..

The glass is nicer than my older Nikon p series and very comparable to my Leupold scopes

The dials are firm! Audible clicks and some force is required to move them..

Stood up to the recoil on my mossberg patrol 308 with no problem..

FFFD15A3-92AA-48FF-AD72-1534AF8CC885.jpg at 3x

https://youtube.com/shorts/-_8UsAFj2eE?feature=share

For a sub 300 dollar scope it’s a steal honestly

Congrats on a happy purchase!

The one I had and sold was illuminated (red only), and not graduated completely vertically and horizontally (only about half way). Looks like you have a newer model.

I borrowed this from TFB to illustrate what my crosshair looked like:

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Congrats on a happy purchase!

The one I had and sold was illuminated (red only), and not graduated completely vertically and horizontally (only about half way). Looks like you have a newer model.

I borrowed this from TFB to illustrate what my crosshair looked like:

Yeah the hardline pro is their top of the line model for 2023..

I am a Forum User
    I have a Hardline Pro 4-16x50 on my Savage 110 in .308. I have no complaints. I will say the reticle etching is not as dark/well defined as a cheaper 4-16x Silver line FFP from Primary Arms.