Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Man Hospitalized After Being Crushed By 2,000 Pound Gun Safe Which Tipped During Move

The heavy doors of large, shallow, gun safes have made them susceptible to tipping if those doors open during (empty) transport:

https://kfor.com/news/man-rescued-fr...00-pound-safe/

Man rescued from under 2,000-pound safe
    By Odyssey Fields, Alix Martichoux - March 19, 2023

GLASGOW, Va. (WFXR) — A Virginia man was hospitalized after becoming trapped under a massive gun safe, the Glasgow Volunteer Fire Department said.

Firefighters said the man had been trying to unload the safe on March 9 when he fell and got pinned under it. Firefighters estimated the safe weighed 2,000 pounds.

During the rescue, crews used airbags to stabilize the safe and free the man. He was then immediately airlifted to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries.

“This was an unusual call for service and is one that most would never think about having to overcome,” the department said on Facebook. They said the call exemplified the dedication and readiness of the volunteer team.

Firefighters didn’t give an update on the man’s condition.

Large safes can tip over if they have heavy doors, which when open shift the balance of the weight forward, and cause them to fall.

Rainier Ballistics suggests mounting gun safes to a wall stud or to the floor to prevent them from tipping over.

On average, 62 people are taken to the emergency room due to furniture tip-over incidents, data from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
    The photographs at the link, above, show a really large safe. We are lucky we didn't lose a gun owner in this incident.
    Last edited by 10x25mm; 03-21-2023 at 01:37 AM.

I would just sue the f out of the manufacturer. It states that it's SAFE. Apparently NOT.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Safe Storage laws in effect.

Mine are BOLTED to the wall behind them.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Just OUCH !!!!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Well.... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Safe Storage laws in effect.

I am a Forum User
    Why was he unloading it? Was he trying to move it?

I have a set of school lockers that my grandfather gave me from when he was the custodian at my high school. One side with a long door next to three smaller lockers on the other. When I was much younger I tried to move it and got trapped between that and the banister of the upstairs stairway. I managed to push it off me and back upright but that did give me a bit of a fright. My point is that everyone should be careful, and ideally have a friend to help them move things just in case things go wrong.

While tragic it proves the point we need to be a bit more self aware no? I’ve moved several times and things slide tip and fall and you have to be aware- not saying stuff doesn’t randomly happen but come on

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    While tragic it proves the point we need to be a bit more self aware no? I’ve moved several times and things slide tip and fall and you have to be aware- not saying stuff doesn’t randomly happen but come on

As you get older, things seem to happen more often & you react slower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast