Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Plenty of questionable statements here, read the law and AG opinion yourself.

MCL -28-432

AG opinion on the subject
    Well, I read it and remembered why I hate case law. But according to section IV subsection B

When the plain and ordinary meaning of statutory language is clear, [ ] construction is neither necessary nor permitted.” Pace v Edel–Harrelson, 499 Mich 1, 6 (2016). The language of subsection 12(1)(f) is plain; it applies to a “United States citizen holding a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state.” MCL 28.432(1)(f). A Michigan resident with an out-of-state concealed pistol license who is also a United States citizen falls within this broad language and is exempt from section 2’s licensing requirements. This conclusion is consistent both with the Act’s treatment of Michigan residents with Michigan concealed pistol licenses, and with the legislative history of subsection 12.

Looks like this guy isn’t required to register a durn thing. (Slams beer)

I am a Forum User
    Maybe, maybe not. I believe that lifetime Indiana permits are only valid for Indiana residents. Non residents are only allowed to obtain a four year permit.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I believe that lifetime Indiana permits are only valid for Indiana residents. Non residents are only allowed to obtain a four year permit.
    Correct. The Indiana permit (even lifetime) is only valid while a resident. Once no longer a resident, the holder is no longer in possession of a valid permit. They simply have a fancy piece of plastic, no different from an expired drivers license.

MGO Member
    Buy a NH one and be done. Easy and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    Buy a NH one and be done. Easy and cheap.
    On that note, NH only wants the renewal paperwork TWO months ahead of the card running out. I was told they are sending me back my check and paperwork and to resubmit in a bit

I am a Forum User
    So absurd. Case law is just there to confuse and hide agendas. Oh well, I’ll get the NH when I move and have my Michigan CPL, at least I should be able to use my Indiana to accelerate the CPL process. Might be easier to just fill out the stupid forms and save myself 100 bills.
    Last edited by bcsatch; 03-21-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12