Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Springfield Victor Saint Pistol

Hi Guys and Girls:
    I want to remove my brace on my Saint pistol, and install a single sling plate/spacer. I've done this before, but it has been years. My trusty AR armorer's wrench (used once in 25 years!) is too large and does not fit the castle nut, which is staked. If I can buy the proper wrench, can I twist through the staking? Alternately (and preferably), who would you recommend to do this for me? I do not want to damage anything on the new pistol. Would Doug Jones do this type of work? I've used him before. The work was good, but he lost the pistol parts he took off... Please advise!
    Regards,
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Marketplace Moderator
    You can just unscrew the castle nut without doing anything to the stakes spots. The staking spots will let loose fairly easily. Doug Jones will do this. Maybe while you wait if you call him. Good Luck