Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

SCT 19 Frame Fix for the stupid rear tapering that causes unnecessary slide bites

So I finally jumped on the wagon of semi customized race guns and used a serialized SCT frame lower and a PSA upper. However the SCT frame has a stupid aggressive rear tapering of the frame (Fig. 1) where it exposes the slide bottom edge prompting skin shaving. The price of the frame is extremely tempting $49 as well as the fact that it is serialized making things easier (for me at least). So going back and forth on the problem, a friend of mine and an MGO member Hendo, proposed to use JB Weld to shape what I need to add to the frame to protect my hand.

So

I followed my friend's advise, and with some art work and some sanding and filing of the hardened JB Weld, I was able to get a widened base Beavertail added in (Fig. 2).
    you can see the two added feature in this add on: 1) the widened base under the slide edge, and 2) the slightly extended rearward shelf adding to more passive support.

Additional pictures Fig. 3 & 4 shows that this is not the prettiest beavertail, but for sure it is the most functional one for my own needs..

Fig. 5 is just for bragging

So if you are thinking of an SCT frame and this issue is stopping you from goin forward, you can use the same fix if that helps you to resolve the issue. Just wanted to share my experience as it might benefit some one else with the same hobby or interest.

Last edited by JimSig; 03-31-2023 at 02:40 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I run a Dagger slide on my SCT19 lower without issue. I just ran a class this past Saturday with it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    I run a Dagger slide on my SCT19 lower without issue. I just ran a class this past Saturday with it.
    I have been looking at pictures of the SCT frames on the internet.. Some of them have severe tapering like mine and some of them have a mild tapering.. Yours could be the one with the mild tapering.. I called SCT and told them about the issue and the fix and asked them if they need pictures of my fix. The representative said that they are aware of the issue from customers feedback and that they have modified the design and will be released in the fall of 2023 pending tooling.

I am a Forum User
    Hmmm, mine is branded as an Anderson, not an SCT

MGO Member
    Nice job Brother. Thanks for sharing.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Nice job Brother. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the idea brother