Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member
    delete Thanks
    Last edited by denniscoon@aol.c; 04-17-2023 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    I have a Ruger 22 cal. MKIII. I want to add a red dot sight so I can shoot speed plates. I have a Wearver rail not mounted yet. Any suggestions for a reasonable priced red dot? $100ish. Thanks
    $100 will be tough for a micro dot.

I was able to get a FastFire III for around $150 on sale, but it doesn’t come with a mount.

The ones I would strongly recommend aren’t close to $100 though. The Deltapoint Pro is the best one that I have as far as field of view and no edge distortion, followed by my Romeo3…..but those are both north of $450. The holosuns are a good value, but with some noticeable image distortion around the edges. The FastFire has a good image, but feels a bit cheaper on the build. But still…..in the $300 range.

There’s a seller on here selling police trade in EoTech micro dots for $250, which is a good deal.

To get a quality red dot around $100 you’ll probably be looking at a tube sight, like a lower end holosun or Sig for around $120. I have the cheap holosun, and it does look good with good build quality, but it significantly larger and heavier than a modern micro dot. Not something I’d want on a pistol.

The worst sight I’ve come across came included on a used gun. It’s a SightMark EXPS clone. I think those are around $100. It’s big, heavy, and while the reticle looks decent the glass has so much reflectivity and glare it’s about unusable.

IMO, don’t buy a new $100 dot. Look around for a used dot, or search clearance sales for older models. You’ll be much happier with a last-years-model on clearance from $225 to $125 than you will be with a dot with a MSRP of $99.

I am a Forum User
    I have a Riton 3 Tactix PRD 2 for $100 shipped, new in box. Comes with a low mount.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I have a Riton 3 Tactix PRD 2 for $100 shipped, new in box. Comes with a low mount.
    For the features this has, and with a mount, this is a GREAT deal.

I am a Forum User
    I have on my Ruger 22/45 like 50 bucks and the thing runs like a Swiss watch.. just gotta remember to shut the damn thing off

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

MGO Member
    AT3 ARO. I have 4 of them on varied guns and have no complaints.

I am a Forum User
    I know you wanted to delete this, but check out the new Ruger ReadyDot. It uses fibre optics only to illuminate the dot and is $100 new direct from Ruger. It uses the RMSc footprint, so you can grab a cheap rail mount online.