Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Bushnell RX100

MGO Member

Bushnell RX100

I went to the range Friday to sight in my new Bushnell RX100, red dot sight mounted on a Ruger MKIII. Earlier, I asked for recommendations for a Red Dot sight, most were out of my price range. I decided on a Bushnell RX100, 4 moa red dot. They reviews were not good, but most were from people that had put the sight on pistol slides on 9mm etc. pistols. I was going to put the sight on a Ruger MK III where the slide doesn't move. Anyways, I mounted the sight on a Ruger Picatinny rail, I put the sight on most rearward spot, easy installation. I went to the range and sighted in the pistol at 17 yds. The first two shots were pefect elevation, but a little to the left, after a couple of clicks to the right everything was good. I removed the sight and double checked to see if my iron sight were still on the spot, and they were. I remounted the red dot, torqued to 14 in. lb. at shot it two times, I had to adjust the windage a couple of clicks and it was right on target. I shot about 200 rds of 22 cal. and all was good. I will have to see if this Bushnell Red Dot holds up.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for your review.
    I'll look forward to seeing an update(s) on how well this sight holds up with use.

MGO Member
    One thing I failed to mention, is that I am left handed and cross dominate eyed. Normally shooting with iron sights I have to close my right eye to see only one target, with the red dot, I can shoot with both eyes open, kind of hard to get used to shooting with both eyes open, will see how it works that out.

MGO Member
    I finally shot a speed plate event yesterday at DSC. I could not find the red dot or it took me a long time to find it, once I did it preformed well. I am cross eye dominate and was shooting with both eyes open, I think that was my problem. I removed the red dot sight and finished the match using open sights. I belived I will have to do some practise with the red dot on my gun, before I can shoot good with it.

If you can condition yourself to use both eyes you will do better. It takes time to break old habits but it will pay off with benefits.
    Lighten up Francis.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the review. I just ordered an RX100 to put on my Taurus TX22 competition. shopTaurus.com just had a 20% off memorial day sale so got it for a good price. I currently have a Holosun on the TX but am putting that back on another gun.

First time I used a red dot on a pistol I too had problems picking up the red dot in the sight. Guess I need more practice. Look forward to wringing the RX out.
    Last edited by Garymac; 05-31-2023 at 06:51 PM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Member
    I don't think I will be able to shoot with both eyes open, I can aquire a target quickly by closing my right eye. I have a woods walk coming up and it is not a timed event, so I will give both eyes open another chance.

MGO Member
    So far the Bushnell has been perfect, no problems with the sight. I still have some issues with finding the red dot. I did a woods walk at DSC, some of the targets were out 75+ yards, as long as the dot was on the target it was a hit. With the red dot mounted on the pistol the site was about 2.5" above the bore of the pistol, I have the pistol sighted in at 18 yards. At the far targets I thought I would have to change my point of aim, but with the angle of the bore to the line of sight, I just put the dot in the center of the target and it was a hit. I did find out that when the sun was shining on the pistol I saw a very faint red dot, like a dead battery, but it was not the "Real" dot, it was just a relection.....4 misses with that. So far so good. I did take the pistol to the 22 shiloutte match at DSC Sunday, I wanted to shoot the match with it. They didn't want to run more relays, so I did shoot some practice with it. I loaded 8 rds, hit two chickens at 20 yds. 2 pigs at 30 yds. 1 Turkey and 1 miss at 40 yds and 1 Ram and 1 miss at 50 yds. I put the dot right on the targets, I am pleased with the site so far.