Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Gun Restoration, Colt M1911 U.S. ARMY 1914, (with test fire).

Amazing video.. & maybe why the 1911 has been around > 100yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aabWpL56SBE&t=1109s

That's impressive.

Thanks for the link. Truly amazing restoration on that 1911 and the other weapons they did.
    For Sale - Parachute, used once, never opened, small stain, offers accepted.

MGO Member
    That was very cool, thanks for sharing.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I had saved up years of rusty tools, some free, some garbage picked walking my dog, some I made rusty. I threw it all in a pale, dozens of things, drill bits, hammers, lots of pliers, a 1991 zippo I bought in 6th grade that run roof leaked into cup holder in storage and turned into a giant dorito. It all looks as good or better than that gun. Stuff works, kinda pricey, also I think you can reuse it.

I forget, I bought two products I think at least one of them could be reused so do not give up so easy on rusty stuff.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Cool vid, thanks for posting OP. This one looked legit...unfortunately, there are many Youtuber's who artificially rust/age stuff just to clean them up and get clicks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I had saved up years of rusty tools, some free, some garbage picked walking my dog, some I made rusty. I threw it all in a pale, dozens of things, drill bits, hammers, lots of pliers, a 1991 zippo I bought in 6th grade that run roof leaked into cup holder in storage and turned into a giant dorito. It all looks as good or better than that gun. Stuff works, kinda pricey, also I think you can reuse it.

I forget, I bought two products I think at least one of them could be reused so do not give up so easy on rusty stuff.
    Evapo Rust can be reused until no longer effective.

MGO Member
    Amazing how a lot of these restorations have the same type of orange rust spread evenly all over the firearm, and no deep pitting ! I've seen more blued pistols that sat in the sock drawer that could be new condition except for the scattering of pitting from neglect. Yet these orange rust firearms clean up with light wire brush and a dunk in rust remover.
    My opinion is they are finding already neglected firearms and spraying them with a salt type spray to induce a rapid light surface rust which will clean up easily.