Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Opening day is a joke.
    I have a pet rock that identifies as my son.
    We are going out for the youth hunt and he's going to shoot the biggest buck of his life...
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    You guys obviously don't hunt...It's all about "opening day" and if opening day is on a weekday it's harder to make it sometimes. It doesn't really matter what the date of "opening day" is. Like I said, I don't really care but for some making "opening day" on a weekend makes a difference and might encourage more people to hunt. With dwindling numbers of hunters every year its a revenue thing for the state. If "opening day" was on the third saturday of Nov it would still be "opening day".
    It is obvious you don't know me.

I am a Forum User
    They make Muzzle loader season 9 days that had 2 weekends, why not make firearm 16 days with 3 weekends?

MGO Member
    No change needed, make plans schedule time off, The 15 th of Nov comes every yr always has, plan ahead!!

Just a curious thought; What percentage of deer season transplants are actually there to hunt and not swill beer or brown liquor away from the wife or life at home?

You know heading up north for 2 weeks of "deer camp", or out to the lease/hunt club for "deer camp", or even north headed south.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bentstick View Post
    No change needed, make plans schedule time off, The 15 th of Nov comes every yr always has, plan ahead!!
    Yeap!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Just a curious thought; What percentage of deer season transplants are actually there to hunt and not swill beer or brown liquor away from the wife or life at home?

You know heading up north for 2 weeks of "deer camp", or out to the lease/hunt club for "deer camp", or even north headed south.
    From my 60+ years of hunting, I would guess 98%+.

I would also guess you aren't a deer hunter.

Don't get me wrong, drinking does happen with some but the hunting is primary.
    Fill your license in the first few hours.... the rest of the week ....
    Also can't hunt at night.

Nov.15th should be a Michigan paid holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post

I would also guess you aren't a deer hunter.

Nov.15th should be a Michigan paid holiday.
    Safe guess based on the context of the question, but wrong.
    This is just the overflow out in the small workshop....yeah it's a mess, I'm doing some rearranging and consolidation.

Name:  20221030_134747 (1).jpg
Views: 60
Size:  105.8 KB

And yes, opening day should be a holiday in my opinion as well!

I was just thinking about a trend I've been seeing over the past 8-10 years. Even way out here, I've started to notice (depending on where I'm sitting) more and more cruisers on ATVs and more beer cans on the two-track roads mid-November to thanksgiving - my big spread does touch state land on two sides.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12