Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

for custom 1911 fans.. ever heard of Sbardella Arms ?

I'd never heard of Sbardella Arms until reading on a 1911 forum earlier today.
    An aerospace manufacturing company in Vermont has begun marketing custom built 1911's .
    Sounds a lot like Cabot to me.. they build some beautiful 1911's, using highest quality forged steel, and appear to be modestly priced ( by comparison)..
    here's their website.. https://www.sbardella-arms.com/ (be sure to look at the photo gallery on the site)
    I watched a few YouTube videos too

Certainly has me thinking about placing an order.

I'd put them, quality and value wise, somewhere between a Les Baer and an entry level Wilson Combat.
    I've only seen one at a shooting event, they are very nice looking guns. I only shot a few mags through it, so my comment above is based on that very limited experience. They're just too new of a company for any real in depth comparison as a brand, service, warranty, etc - there aren't that many out in the wild.

Unfortunately this can be an endless discussion.
    The general rule is that you get what you pay for, in terms of finish, assembly care, details, aesthetics, customization, accuracy and finally even reliability.
    Thus, it’s up to YOU and only you to judge whether or not any differences are worth the price, or – in other terms – what is the appropriate quality/price ratio, and how much time and money you would put into personal tinkering.
    If the best 1911, or at least the most clever choice existed, there would be just two models/brands.
    People buying cheap 1911s may out-shoot richer braggers; owners of possibly unfortunate hi-end items may hesitate admitting they wasted money; or much too tightly refined 1911s may be so choosy about ammo as to become unreliable.
    So, buy what YOU like and can afford, and be happy with it!

I am a Forum User
    Things NOT to discuss in polite company…..politics, religion, and 1911s!

-Aveguy

MGO Member
    LOL! So true

Looking at that one on Addicts myself.
    Interested, but not interested enough to pay that.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Looking at that one on Addicts myself.
    Interested, but not interested enough to pay that.
    Agreed. If I was going to plop down 2500 bucks, I'm going to get Wilson or Springfield Professional.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

MGO Member

1911's

-Aveguy

Never ending conversation! LOL
    I have had more than a few 1911's and didn't dislike any of them.
    After shooting Devil Dogs Kimber Grand Raptor II, I had to have one. Couldn't find the Grand but got a pretty good price on a new Stainless Raptor II and love it.
    Also have a RIA Tac 1911 9mm single stack and a RIA Tac 2011 9mm double stack and have as much fun shooting those as I do the Kimber.
    Guess what it boils down to is "what works best in YOUR hand"
    Don't have a large collection by any means but after buying, selling and trading over the years, everything I have works good in my hands and have no desire to part with any of them.

"Shoot Straight and Live long"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Feathers View Post

-Aveguy

Never ending conversation! LOL
    I have had more than a few 1911's and didn't dislike any of them.
    After shooting Devil Dogs Kimber Grand Raptor II, I had to have one. Couldn't find the Grand but got a pretty good price on a new Stainless Raptor II and love it.
    Also have a RIA Tac 1911 9mm single stack and a RIA Tac 2011 9mm double stack and have as much fun shooting those as I do the Kimber.
    Guess what it boils down to is "what works best in YOUR hand"
    Don't have a large collection by any means but after buying, selling and trading over the years, everything I have works good in my hands and have no desire to part with any of them.

"Shoot Straight and Live long"
    Couldn't agree with you more.

I grew up shooting (Dad collected and tinkered with guns since before I was born, I'm approaching my fifth decade in life now) and he and I always loved 1911s. Like many of us, I started with inexpensive shooting irons and bought more expensive stuff as my income and experience increased. I was fortunate enough to work at the LGS for 8 years (where we sold only guns, not a big box store, and we were one of the busiest LGS in my county) which gave me immense experience in handling, diagosing/repairing, and shooting 1911s at all price points. In that, of course, I made a lot of "shooting buddies" who where also 1911 enthusiasts. Where my collection lies now (and will likely stay, as like you I haven't any intent to sell any...my collection is carefully curated) is with both "inexpensive" Colts and Springers(including a Pro) along with some NHs, Wilsons, and a Guncrafter.

I love them all, but I have every bit the fun shooting my ~$700 Colt 1911A1 as I do my custom ordered NHs and Wilsons. I have a hard time pushing anyone to a $5k "custom" gun without issuing the caveat that diminishing returns are a real thing in this industry and most of these expensive pistols are on the far end of that curve. Were they worth it to me? Sure! But for someone who really just needs something functional to use and learn on I think there are lot of great options that don't break the bank. I'm always pointing to the fact that the folks who REALLY needed these beautiful .45s to work and with the greatest degree of reliability (our GIs) were issued mass manufactured "mutts" and there wasn't anything "custom" about them. At the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong with a 1911 at most any price point.

-Aveguy
    Last edited by Aveguy311; 06-05-2023 at 11:51 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Dupe post.
    Last edited by Aveguy311; 06-05-2023 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Dupe Post

That's all fine and well - and I fully agree with the high dollar/"high end" 1911 sentiments - but what does it have to do with joe's question about knowledge of, or experience with, Sbardella Arms? Aside from the price tag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast