Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Advertise With MGO

I am a Forum User

KCI brand Glock mags

Been some time since I've written a product review, so after writing about KCI brand Glock-copy mags in another thread,
    I thought I should post the info here, in the product review section. Don't care to hear a lot of comments about how anything
    besides a Glock oem magazine is a waste of money for some,There are some valid reasons why these mags are popular,
    for those who've actually tried them.

How'd I come across them ?
    Saw a sale advertisement from CDNN Sports..I get bombarded with their sales notices, and SOMETIMES they do have some good - great sales.

Here's what I posted in the gunsmithing forum/ thread:
    Years ago I bought a few ( Korean made ) KCI 9mm Glock mags to use in my G-22 w/ a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel.
    They were priced quite cheap, & I wondered if they'd work. I needed a few mags to try the LW conversion barrel.
    In my range outings, the KCI mags worked as well as the oem Glock mags. Since I rarely shoot Glocks, the mags went mostly unused , after their trial use.

A few winters ago, I bought a 9mm PCC to use at my club's indoor range, for variety & to combat winter boredom.
    It's a PSA brand & it's worked flawlessly ( both the rifle & the KCI mags I've used in it.
    I've used the mags to fire several hundred rds thru my PA-9 carbine & the mags & rifle have had no issues at all.
    I fired a variety of bullet brands, weights, shapes and styles. ( Lead, Polymer coated, Plated, FMJ. and JHP bullets)

When I bought those KCI mags, they were under $10.00/ ea..less than 1/2 the price oem Glock mags were selling for at the time.

Guess I'm not the only one to discover this, I found this article ,when I searched for KCI Glock magazines:
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/kci...a-second-look/

Would I use the KCI mags for personal defense ? Probably not. but my experience is that I could.

forgot to mention that the KCI mag I use is a 17 rnd. mag.. ( for whatever Glock model uses that size )
    Last edited by joepistol; 06-27-2023 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added info

MGO Member
    I had bought, a Korean made mag. for my Kel-tec sub 2000, 9mm a 30 rounder. For the first or second time out the mag worked great, then the rounds stopped feeding in my Sub 2000, the first time that gun had ever caused any problems. I looked at the Glock copy mag. and the feed lips were totally bent out of shape. This was at a 3 gun math, I bent the metal feed lips into shape and finished the stage. When I got home I filed down the burrs and tried the mag. at the range, it failed again, I tossed it and got a real Glock mag. I don't know what brand name the mag. had, but it was made in Korea. This was my experience, not worth the hassle.

Thank you for the write up. I just received a KCI 45 acp, 26 rnd. magazine. Main use is with my JRC carbine. I have six of the Kriss mag extensions in use for about five or six years now. The first iteration not the current version. They functioned great for a couple years but have now started to fail. The follower will hang up at the seam between the two halves. Yes I’ve swapped parts and spent way too much time to resolve the problem. Kriss is no help because it’s the older design. So I’ll give the KCI a try, fingers crossed.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Been some time since I've written a product review, so after writing about KCI brand Glock-copy mags in another thread,
    I thought I should post the info here, in the product review section. Don't care to hear a lot of comments about how anything
    besides a Glock oem magazine is a waste of money for some,There are some valid reasons why these mags are popular,
    for those who've actually tried them.

How'd I come across them ?
    Saw a sale advertisement from CDNN Sports..I get bombarded with their sales notices, and SOMETIMES they do have some good - great sales.

Here's what I posted in the gunsmithing forum/ thread:
    Years ago I bought a few ( Korean made ) KCI 9mm Glock mags to use in my G-22 w/ a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel.
    They were priced quite cheap, & I wondered if they'd work. I needed a few mags to try the LW conversion barrel.
    In my range outings, the KCI mags worked as well as the oem Glock mags. Since I rarely shoot Glocks, the mags went mostly unused , after their trial use.

A few winters ago, I bought a 9mm PCC to use at my club's indoor range, for variety & to combat winter boredom.
    It's a PSA brand & it's worked flawlessly ( both the rifle & the KCI mags I've used in it.
    I've used the mags to fire several hundred rds thru my PA-9 carbine & the mags & rifle have had no issues at all.
    I fired a variety of bullet brands, weights, shapes and styles. ( Lead, Polymer coated, Plated, FMJ. and JHP bullets)

When I bought those KCI mags, they were under $10.00/ ea..less than 1/2 the price oem Glock mags were selling for at the time.

Guess I'm not the only one to discover this, I found this article ,when I searched for KCI Glock magazines:
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/kci...a-second-look/

Would I use the KCI mags for personal defense ? Probably not. but my experience is that I could.

forgot to mention that the KCI mag I use is a 17 rnd. mag.. ( for whatever Glock model uses that size )
    I've got a bunch of KCI 15 round mags for my G19. My experience with them mirrors yours. The only negative comment I could make is that the feed lips are a bit sharp but a little bit of sanding fixed that. For $5 each they were well worth the purchase and make great range mags.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungryjack View Post
    Thank you for the write up. I just received a KCI 45 acp, 26 rnd. magazine. Main use is with my JRC carbine. I have six of the Kriss mag extensions in use for about five or six years now. The first iteration not the current version. They functioned great for a couple years but have now started to fail. The follower will hang up at the seam between the two halves. Yes I’ve swapped parts and spent way too much time to resolve the problem. Kriss is no help because it’s the older design. So I’ll give the KCI a try, fingers crossed.
    Keep us posted on the KCI 45 ACP 26 round mag performance. Also looking for my Kriss.

I got around to testing the KCI Gen2 26 rnd. Glock 45acp magazine today. Used the JRC carbine and G41. It did not function in either. Tried two full mags in each. Topped off mags would feed the first 8-9 rounds then not feed the remaining. Each round would not chamber. The spring is too weak to lift the stack of remaining rounds. Ohh well, save your money.

Update: I purchased the KCI from Gun Mag Warehouse. They sent a call tag to exchange the mag for another go at it. Great customer service.
    Last edited by Hungryjack; 05-12-2024 at 07:52 AM.