Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

MAKOWSKI LEGAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullpups

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Bullpups

Hello all. I've been looking for a home defense shotgun. Nothing special but it needs a rail for a light. I really like the semi-auto Bullpups but
    the price range is crazy. The most important thing is that it works. I like some of the Turkish bullpups but have heard of cycling issues. Don't know if that issue was addressed though. $300 range if possible, and yes I'm cheap. Any thoughts?

MGO Member
    $300 gets you a Maverick 88, which is solid. Not a bullpup, or Turkish, but that is probably for the best.

Account Closed Forum User
    Most need high brass and over 1300 FPS, Palmetto had this Daily Special yesterday ( sold out now ) and I checked some reviews and videos, it actually looked like a decent firearm, it only seemed to have failure to eject on low brass every once in a while.

OOS but just request a notice when they're back in.

$179.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/g-fo...nt=51655152807

If it's for home defense go cheap side of good. Get a used 590, used 870, and call it a day.

I don't have a bullpup but wanted a bullpup rifle for a long time.

If you are cheap it will sting fussing with a fussy cheap shotgun, repeated trips to the range, repeated trips to ship.

Maverick if you are super cheap, otherwise 590 or older 870.

MGO Member
    I have looked at the bullpups but just can't warm up to the chamber being right in my face in the event of a kaboom.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    I have a 12g bullpup in my collection that I enjoy shooting every once in a while. It's the Dickinson Ranger 12g BP. Usually runs about $300 but every once in a while PSA puts it on sale for $179 and that's what I snagged mine for a few yrs back. The reason Turkish shotguns have cycling issues is because they use a really thick/nasty brown lube over there and it causes cycling problems because the grease is terrible. First thing I did when I bought mine was to take it all apart, remove all the factory crappy grease, and relube it with some Map Pro 7 lube and it has ran perfectly for me after doing that.
    Last edited by Steve 71; 05-25-2024 at 08:52 AM.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Thank you for the info everybody. It was very helpful.

I am a Forum User
    Is there a lefty bullpup out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Remman View Post
    Is there a lefty bullpup out there?
    A lefty bullpup shotgun ?

There's a bunch for rifles.

I am a Forum User
    I had a mossberg 500 pump bullpup in the early 90’s. I don’t miss it. Don’t get one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast