Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5416 (2009) Allow Use of Certain Firearms During Firearm Deer Season

HB 5416 of 2009
    Natural resources; hunting; use of certain firearms during firearm deer season; allow.

Introduced: 9/17/2009
    Last Action: 9/22/2009 printed bill filed 09/18/2009
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 09-24-2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Humm interesting

I am a Forum User
    I've been waiting for this... I hope it passes. my .375win is looking forward to getting more time in the woods.

my 357 marlin lever gun might get a work out now.

I am a Forum User
    the 357 would be a fun gun too

I am a Forum User
    So they opened up the shot gun zone to also be able to use the .357 and .44 mag lever guns, cool, a step it the right direction.

I am a Forum User
    It's about time we recognized that if modern muzzle stuffers that can shoot rifle velocities and distances may be used that one can use at least a straight walled modern rifle cartridge.

I am a Forum User
    looks like it is just in the house right now.. nothing passed yet!?!?!?
    correct?

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Post HB 5416

First, I am new to website.
    Second, I was author of HB5416 proposed to Rep. Matt Lori in 59th District in SW MI.

As you have seen, the bill was posted up today on MI website. The bill number is HB 5416 and it will have to be put through the House Journal for its first reading, and then be assigned to a committee, which will probably happen next week. Still a chance for this year but depends upon how much support it gets or opposition. Everyone still believes it will go through as written.

Please contact your representative and express support for HB 5416 and maybe we can get it through this year. Although there are plenty of sponsors for this bill, it wouldn't hurt to get more influence.

When you talk to your representative, please consider using the following arguments:

Indiana already allows pistol calibers in rifle configuration.

The current MI regulation allows the use of a handgun with straight wall pistol cartridge.

A rifle chambered in a pistol cartridge will provide a better opportunity to bring in youth and female hunters since the recoil from these cartridges will be significantly less than a 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotgun slug.

A rifle will be more accurate that a shotgun, thus, improve deer recovery. The reduced recoil will allow both youth and female hunters to shoot more accurately as well.

A pistol cartridge that is currently allowed under MI regulations in a rifle will not significantly change ballistics of same cartridge.

There is no cost or risk to MI for this change.

There will be economic benefit for new hunters, firearms, ammunition and tourism.

Thanks in advance to all that will contact legislative representatives to support this bill.

BTW - nice site!!
    Regards,
    Craig

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    First, I am new to website.
    Second, I was author of HB5416 proposed to Rep. Matt Lori in 59th District in SW MI.

As you have seen, the bill was posted up today on MI website. The bill number is HB 5416 and it will have to be put through the House Journal for its first reading, and then be assigned to a committee, which will probably happen next week. Still a chance for this year but depends upon how much support it gets or opposition. Everyone still believes it will go through as written.

Please contact your representative and express support for HB 5416 and maybe we can get it through this year. Although there are plenty of sponsors for this bill, it wouldn't hurt to get more influence.

When you talk to your representative, please consider using the following arguments:

Indiana already allows pistol calibers in rifle configuration.

The current MI regulation allows the use of a handgun with straight wall pistol cartridge.

A rifle chambered in a pistol cartridge will provide a better opportunity to bring in youth and female hunters since the recoil from these cartridges will be significantly less than a 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotgun slug.

A rifle will be more accurate that a shotgun, thus, improve deer recovery. The reduced recoil will allow both youth and female hunters to shoot more accurately as well.

A pistol cartridge that is currently allowed under MI regulations in a rifle will not significantly change ballistics of same cartridge.

There is no cost or risk to MI for this change.

There will be economic benefit for new hunters, firearms, ammunition and tourism.

Thanks in advance to all that will contact legislative representatives to support this bill.

BTW - nice site!!
    Regards,
    Craig
    Glad to have you here and good work getting this bill as far as you have.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast