Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Messer Optics

I am a Forum User

Messer Optics

Anyone ever heard of this outfit or used their red dot? Looks to be an Eotech clone, and the company is based in Livonia.

http://www.messeroptics.com/Home

I am a Forum User
    for what its worth? Looks like these guys use the same China-manufacturer
    that the guys on EBAY use... Each and everyone of those products can be
    had on EBAY for probably half of his price...

And they ARE IDENTICAL... even the pictures...

So, I might be persuaded to say they are legite, but they dont APPEAR
    to be manufactureres.... just importers...

I am a Forum User
    I was thinking the same thing. Just the same Chinese junk with their logo painted on the side, or legit US made.

If it is the chinese junk, they go on e-bay for $60 or less. $120 for a logo? No thanks!!!

I am a Forum User
    Are they worth the $60 though?

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Well stop on by and give us a visit our mounts are manufactured right here in your backyard.
    We also do work for Smith and Wesson, and are currently working with another Local Scope company based in the Wixom area to produce some of there components.
    As far as our scopes. Every scope is 100% test for trouble free service.

If you zoom in on the photos you'll notice that the etching is done on our CNC
    machines and not with a sticker.

You boys have a great day

I am a Forum User
    Looks fake.

I wonder if L3 knows about this.

I am a Forum User
    I spoke to Frank, the owner, tonight. He offered to let me come by his facilities in Livonia and take a look at his products. Housings are aluminum, made by them and some of the components are imported. I will ask to take a few pictures of his facilities, and will give a report after. If everything checks out, it might be worth supporting a Michigan company.

I am in no way an optics expert, but I will be as objective as possible.

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nisjer05
    I spoke to Frank, the owner, tonight. He offered to let me come by his facilities in Livonia and take a look at his products. Housings are aluminum, made by them and some of the components are imported. I will ask to take a few pictures of his facilities, and will give a report after. If everything checks out, it might be worth supporting a Michigan company.

I am in no way an optics expert, but I will be as objective as possible.
    Looks like he posted above. From the sound of it he only makes the what i assume are compound bow mounts and the sights are imported

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Botheyesopen
    and are currently working with another Local Scope company based in the Wixom area to produce some of there components.
    Trijicon?

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    This seller is a crook. He claims "US Manufacture"...it is Chinese stuff. You can buy it from ALIBABA or ALIEXPRESS, two Chinese e-commerce site in quantities for both items between $ 20 -$ 30. Just check these sites and look for "Red Dot Sight' and "Archery Sight Scope Picatinny Bracket Mount for Hunting Red Dot Laser Sight"
    This person is making a handy profit by claiming 'US made".....You can save a lot of $$ by ordering it yourself (I did) ...and by the way ...check out his website ...it's chinese