Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Glock27

Account Closed Forum User

Glock27

The Glock 27 , Can I convert it to a 9mm for target by changing the barrel ?Will be buying new

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    The Glock 27 , Can I convert it to a 9mm for target by changing the barrel ?Will be buying new
    yes you can, but you have to make sure you get a 40-9mm conversion barrel NOT just a normal 9mm barrel. you might also have to replace the extractor. i dont remember exactly though. check out lonewolf distributors.

one more thing, you may want to get some 26 mags BUT if its just for practice maybe not

Account Closed Forum User
    Lone Wolf has the barrel for 99.95, with no need to replace extractor it says,they recommend using 9mm magazines though
    thanks for the info,the baby Glock just got more expensive,night sites,conversion barrel,different mags,new holster,mag extensions etc.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cav
    yes you can, but you have to make sure you get a 40-9mm conversion barrel NOT just a normal 9mm barrel.
    HUH?

I am a Forum User
    I have a G23 in 40 and I purchased the Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel last week. I put 150 rds thru it with no failure of what so ever..It worked flawlessly, i didn't have to change the extractor or anything for that matter. I only used my G17 magazines and that's all. It's like having 2 guns in one... AWSOME..!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624
    HUH?

the normal glock 9mm barrel for the g26 is too small at near the muzzle for the opening at the front of the g27 slide. conversion barrels are thicker in this area.

MGO Member Forum User
    Purchased the LW 40 to 9mm conversion barrels for both my G23 & G27. They've performed flawlessly. In both firearms, 9mm mags for the G17, G19, & G18 have worked equally well during a wide range of recent reload testing. In the G27, G26 mags also work well with the conversion barrel.

Oh yeah, stock extractors have not been changed. Total rounds fired so far- approx 400.

I expected the possibility of a needed break in period, but it didn't happen with these two well used pistols.