Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Selling firearms to another state

Hi, I have someone interested in a rifle I am selling on this site but he is in Utah. He wants to send a check and after it clears I should ship the rifle to him. Since I am new to all this selling stuff, I am concerned that this is legit. Any recommendations from someone who has experience with this type of transaction? Do I need some proof that they an purchase as well as a good check?

Thanks

Banned
    You cannot ship directly to him unless he is a resident of this state which he is not.

So, you have to ship to his FFL and not all will accept from non FFL so, he will have to tell you how his FFL wants to handle it.

Also make sure his FFL sends you a copy of his FFL license, before you ship.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82
    Also make sure his FFL sends you a copy of his FFL license, before you ship.
    Also, go to the BATFE's website and verify the FFL.
    https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Combine the 3 previous posts and that sums it up.
    -get a signed copy of the FFL License to ship to.
    -Call and talk to the FFL and verify they are legit.
    -Ship it UPS insured and with signature to the FFL.

I have done this many times. Should go smoothly.