Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Legal age to purcase ammo?

What is the legal age to purchase handgun ammo in MI. ?

According to what I just found here is what it says word for word.....

"Dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering firearms other than shotguns or rifles (e.g., handguns) or ammunition for those firearms to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 21 (GCA, 1968 )"

Hope that helps... That is what I found if I am wrong please correct me
    Last edited by pearldrums2; 12-06-2009 at 11:12 AM.

I am a Forum User
    18 for long gun
    21 for handgun

I am a Forum User
    It depends...
    If the ammo is dual purpose, it depends on which firearm it's going to be used in. I had one 18yo customer come in and want to buy 22lr. I asked him what gun he was going to shoot it in and when he mentioned a junk handgun model, no dice. If he had said 10-22, I would have sold it to him.

Account Closed Forum User
    So if you're under 21 you can buy a handgun from a private individual,but can't shoot it at a range or buy ammo from a gunshop for it??What about buying ammo from WallyWorld?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    So if you're under 21 you can buy a handgun from a private individual,but can't shoot it at a range or buy ammo from a gunshop for it??What about buying ammo from WallyWorld?
    Yup, you got it.

So, whenever somebody under 21 wants ammo, it is ALWAYS for a rifle, right?

For example, I own a .44mag and .38/.357 rifle, and a .22 rifle. Hipoint makes 9mm and 40 and Marlin Camp Carbines shoot .45's. Any further questions?

I am a Forum User
    You can shoot it at a range as long as you have legal ownership. As far as ammo goes, I remember having a 20yo Detroit PD officer having his mother buy practice ammo for him.

I am a Forum User
    I believe the age restriction for handgun ammo only matter if you're a dealer (FFL).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums2
    "Dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering firearms other than shotguns or rifles (e.g., handguns) or ammunition for those firearms to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 21 (GCA, 1968 )"
    Bush and the Republicans should have repealed GCA1968.

I am a Forum User
    I have been carded ... Wally World says no one under 21 for ammo. Now mommy may buy it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast