Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: G38 Thoughts?

MGO Member

G38 Thoughts?

Thinking about buying a Glock 38 in .45 gap. I however don't know anyone that owns one or uses one on a regular basis. I would like to here some thoughts on it from those who know. Before the Glock bashing starts I am a Glock fan and it seems silly to get a .45 gap pistol in anything other than a Glock. Capacity, for me, is not an issue with this one either. Thanks for looking guys.

I like the GAP Round. I have a G37. Now is the time to buy Glocks in GAP. They can be bought online for under $400. Ammo is expensive though.

I am a Forum User
    don't waste your time. the GAP will fade off into the sunset like a bad movie sooner or later.

there's a reason GAP glocks and ammo online is so cheap. once current reserves have been sold, GAP ammo prices will skyrocket as they will only be in demand by a tiny civilian market, and the half dozen or so LE agencies that use it. in fact, there's a poster on ar15.com that says his dept just dropped their GAP glocks because they couldn't find ammo in sufficient quantities...

Glock is the only manufacturer still making GAP models, XD & Para discontinued theirs a while back.

Banned
    Don't do it. Doesn't matter how great the .45GAP round is supposed to be, the fact is that it's rarer and more expensive than .357SIG or even .380 these days. If you can actually find the ammo, it'll probably cost you about 75 cents per trigger pull.

I am a Forum User
    Capacity and ammo availability. That's all there is to it.

If you reload and can secure enough cases, enjoy.

I am a Forum User
    I just bought a G38 with my GSSF certificate and I love it! The power is the same as a .45 ACP but in a 9mm frame which is great as my hands are too small for the larger Glock frames. With several State Law enforcement agencies switching to the GAP round, New York State Police, Pennsylvania State Police and Florida State Police just to name a few, I don't see it going anywhere soon. And online prices for ammo are the same as the 45 ACP.

If you have monster hands and want a Glock in .45, I'd go with the G21 but if you have smaller hands like I do, then the .45 GAP is the answer.

I am a Forum User
    If you haven't already, check out Glocktalk. The Gap round has quite the little following. I think the concept of it is great, but like others have said, i'd be a little worried about longevity.YMMV

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by russianblood
    I just bought a G38 with my GSSF certificate and I love it! The power is the same as a .45 ACP but in a 9mm frame which is great as my hands are too small for the larger Glock frames. With several State Law enforcement agencies switching to the GAP round, New York State Police, Pennsylvania State Police and Florida State Police just to name a few, I don't see it going anywhere soon. And online prices for ammo are the same as the 45 ACP.

If you have monster hands and want a Glock in .45, I'd go with the G21 but if you have smaller hands like I do, then the .45 GAP is the answer.
    incorrect.

GAP cannot be loaded to 45acp +P velocities as GAP's pressure level is already equal to 45acp +P (smaller shell, less room for powder to ignite means higher pressure).

as for online ammo prices, check out my previous post.

I am a Forum User
    GAP cannot be loaded to 45acp +P velocities as GAP's pressure level is already equal to 45acp +P
    The .45 GAP is the ballistic equal to the .45 ACP, not the .45 ACP +P. I'm not talking pressures, I'm talking terminal ballistics.

Using an XD to make your point doesn't help your argument.
    Just kidding. I don't own one. Never fired one. Just reading the forum.
    Last edited by russianblood; 02-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by russianblood
    The .45 GAP is the ballistic equal to the .45 ACP, not the .45 ACP +P. I'm not talking pressures, I'm talking terminal ballistics.

Using an XD to make your point doesn't help your argument.
    Just kidding. I don't own one. Never fired one. Just reading the forum.

that's correct, but you initially referred to the GAP as the ballistic equal to the 45acp, and it's not.

i think my point was made in my post long before my pic of the xd....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast