Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Closed Account Forum User

Attempted jewlery store robbery - VIDEO -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_O_0E8e3h0

First off, job well done to Mr. Fixler.

My thoughts after listening to his commentary:

1. "My first reaction when I seen the gun pointed at me was 'Now I have to kill these two men.'"

MINDSET. When it is time to fight, FIGHT. Win.

2. While in sensory overload, his senses failed him. He assumed he fired fewer shots than he did, and ended up standing over an (alive) bad guy with a gun underneath him with an EMPTY gun in his hands.

I'm assuming a 5 shot revolver is what he had. Here is a perfect example of why I don't like them.

Also a good example for those who claim 5 shots will be plenty. Get over yourselves.

3. Stay in the store. You are safer within those walls, especially when his cronies got away and you are outside exposing yourself to the world. Reload your gun, call 911, and don't let the dirtbag move an inch.

Very good!
    But, if the man would have taken the time to reload(assuming he had no speed loaders) the BG could/would have grabbed his weapon!?!?
    Going outside may not be the best idea but in his case it worked well because the BG got to see a gun in his face and knew the store owner meant business!

Anyways, great post.

Account Closed Forum User
    Nice

I am a Forum User
    Made my night, thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Great video!! That is just the reason I will not carry a revolver and will NOT let my wife or daughter carry one either. There are NOT enough shells in the gun.

I am a Forum User
    Great post.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TFin04
    Also a good example for those who claim 5 shots will be plenty. Get over yourselves.
    Looks like 5 shots was plenty.

Great video. As a store owner, especially a jewelry store, this man should have had a gun on his person, any gun. And others stashed throughout the shop, and yes, a shotgun as well.

the 5 were not enough 4 missed 1 hit there mark 5 shot guns have there place as a primary in some situations they do not belong

I am a Forum User
    How were they not enough? The perps are dead or jailed, and the shop owner is alive and well. Even with 4 of 5 missed shots!

Primary, backup, whatever. The point is, be armed and ready for anything.
    And not shooting off in the air wildly is a pretty good idea too. I realize this is a high stress situation and panic is common, but to me, a trained shooter with a 5 shot defensive weapon is a force to be reckoned with.

If he had a 20 shot auto but shot 18 into the ceiling, how does that help him?

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .44Smith&Wesson
    How were they not enough? The perps are dead or jailed, and the shop owner is alive and well. Even with 4 of 5 missed shots!

Primary, backup, whatever. The point is, be armed and ready for anything.
    And not shooting off in the air wildly is a pretty good idea too. I realize this is a high stress situation and panic is common, but to me, a trained shooter with a 5 shot defensive weapon is a force to be reckoned with.

If he had a 20 shot auto but shot 18 into the ceiling, how does that help him?
    I dont think anyone is sayin that by the grace of god it wasnt enough in this situation.

But it does put in to prospective how it was barely enough. what if there was 1 more guy? what if that one shot wasnt effective? What if he missed the 5th shot?

There are a lot of variables that could have come in to play that would have screwed this guy. luckily it went in his favor.

Can you imagine this happening he goes down on the 5th shot and all is well...Then his buddy busts in from outside where he was watching for the cops, and starts shooting at you while your holding an empty gun. very real...very possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast