Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I think the guy is damn lucky. He made too many mistakes to expect an outcome in his favor.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrainingTeamCPL
    So why not try to tip the scale in your favor as much as you can?
    So, why not carry 4 extra mags?

You can carry 5 or you can carry 50, makes no difference. You have to hit them or an M60 is just a really heavy bat. That is why I believe you can carry 5 as a primary, but you must be prepared by being able and willing to hit your target, period. Therefore proficiency with what you decide to carry is the ONLY variable.

I believe that "training" with the 5 shot, would be equal to the "training" with 15. Don't fire off into the ceiling, don't spray and pray, keep your eyes open, aim, shoot and follow up, and you will not need 52 rounds.

I am a Forum User
    I think his instant reaction caught the criminals off guard. He was lucky he wasn't shot in the head right from the get go. He also should have had a cell phone on his person.

I'd be curious to know if he does anything differently now.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .44Smith&Wesson

You can carry 5 or you can carry 50, makes no difference. You have to hit them or an M60 is just a really heavy bat. That is why I believe you can carry 5 as a primary, but you must be prepared by being able and willing to hit your target, period. Therefore proficiency with what you decide to carry is the ONLY variable.

I believe that "training" with the 5 shot, would be equal to the "training" with 15. Don't fire off into the ceiling, don't spray and pray, keep your eyes open, aim, shoot and follow up, and you will not need 52 rounds.
    ok your right, so when you dump all 5 shots in the COM of the first guy and the second guy comes around the corner and you standing there with an empty gun and your ***** in your hand... let me know how that works for ya.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrainingTeamCPL
    ok your right, so when you dump all 5 shots in the COM of the first guy and the second guy comes around the corner and you standing there with an empty gun and your ***** in your hand... let me know how that works for ya.

Relax, I'm not trying to establish right or wrong. I just don't think one should rely on the amount of ammo he/she has to get them through the fight.

All I am saying is it is ALL about shot placement.

Why would I dump 5 shots COM? If I have COM target aquired, he gets 2. The "next guy" who in this case is scrambling away for his life, if he decided to stay, then he gets 2.
    And if I am carrying 5 in the gun, do you really believe I don't have a reload?

If I get out your way, I will take you up on that beer.

And...........5 SHOTS!

all easy things to say from a key board

training is one thing but define training how do you train against multipl BG with a 5 shot? your above human stress levels you wont miss? and badguys only take 1-2 rounds each correct not often and not always

Being good with whatever you choose is good thing, be it 5 shot or 50

but again when faced with multiply badguys what do you do how do you shoot what do you shoot for etc.. while the 5 shot my and is a good gun it isnt ideal for all situations facts are facts it isnt while higher capacity system can acomplish more, when faced with more,

while both will work its up to the end user to decide, if the end user feels they are fine with a 5 shot wheelie cool beans but decide is this the right tool to save your ass and your loved ones? from say 2-3 street thugs or one *******l that is so out of his mind and getting singnals from god knows were. telling him to do god knows what. i have them i carry them i use ... not as a primary though. i grew up on wheelies and shoot them better than any auto i own.

Account Closed Forum User
    Relax, I'm not trying to establish right or wrong. I just don't think one should rely on the amount of ammo he/she has to get them through the fight.

All I am saying is it is ALL about shot placement.

Why would I dump 5 shots COM? If I have COM target aquired, he gets 2. The "next guy" who in this case is scrambling away for his life, if he decided to stay, then he gets 2.
    And if I am carrying 5 in the gun, do you really believe I don't have a reload?

If I get out your way, I will take you up on that beer.

And...........5 SHOTS!

Its fine. by no means am I advocating carrying more ammo to compensate for lack of training.But even with training many situations can evolve in to needing more than 5 rounds.

What im saying is there are many accounts of 2,3,4,5 shots not being enough to disable an attacker. So if your 2 shots didnt work than im sure youd dump the rest. and if thats all you have your up a certain river without a paddle.

If uber properly trained carry a musket, i dont care.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RSF
    all easy things to say from a key board

training is one thing but define training how do you train against multipl BG with a 5 shot? your above human stress levels you wont miss? and badguys only take 1-2 rounds each correct not often and not always

Being good with whatever you choose is good thing, be it 5 shot or 50

but again when faced with multiply badguys what do you do how do you shoot what do you shoot for etc.. while the 5 shot my and is a good gun it isnt ideal for all situations facts are facts it isnt while higher capacity system can acomplish more, when faced with more,

while both will work its up to the end user to decide, if the end user feels they are fine with a 5 shot wheelie cool beans but decide is this the right tool to save your ass and your loved ones? from say 2-3 street thugs or one *******l that is so out of his mind and getting singnals from god knows were. telling him to do god knows what. i have them i carry them i use ... not as a primary though. i grew up on wheelies and shoot them better than any auto i own.
    All valid points, and I do agree. It is up to the user what will work best for them, to get the job done.

You grew up on wheelies, shoot them better than any auto you own, but you won't carry one as a primary? Really?

All valid points, and I do agree. It is up to the user what will work best for them, to get the job done.

You grew up on wheelies, shoot them better than any auto you own, but you won't carry one as a primary? Really?

Correction i do carry a smith 329 pd in 44mag for fun every now and then

but no i dont, i often carry a my keltec 380 as a second gun more than i do my jframe

yes because i shoot an auto extreme well at speed with better follow up and recovery times and the same degree of accuracy to a point while slow fire distance etc i shoot the wheelies much better.

there are reasons, the auto offers me less down time in events that may or may not happen allows me more rounds on threat, if need be shoot 2 down scan **** is just that. allows faster more efficient loading for most

while i love my wheelies there very sexy guns to me they dont go with the world we live in as much as i wish they did or as much as we hope they do

ill take the tacoma mall shooting the officer mil vet whom made intial contact fired 7 rounds from his 1911 45 striking the subject while it contained him(a win so to speak) it did not stop him yet the man whom could have finished it the officer was down to his last round had no load with him to re feed his gun.

he had to wait and hope.

yet he had a quote better caliber more effective platform 45% better capacity then the 5 shot yet still failed to a degree in his duties,

had he had a 5 shot no idea, had he had a 17 shot wonder gun he would have maybe been able to keep in the fight better, longer? maybe whom knows

is the 5 shot better over the 1911 he had? NO and yes but was it that that one no it was his ablity to react. and decide and take the fight to the bad guy... that said i carry 2 a high cap gun and BUG or high cap gun and second load.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 Nato
    I think the guy is damn lucky. He made too many mistakes to expect an outcome in his favor.
    If the man would have had a "G17" and pedestrians would have been passing his store by there would have defiantly been some casualties!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast