Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by h&slandscaping
    If the man would have had a "G17" and pedestrians would have been passing his store by there would have defiantly been some casualties!
    I don't understand why you quoted me. How does that apply with what I said ?

I am a Forum User
    People can say it’s the training, the practice, the gun, the caliber...but when it all comes down to it you win if you survive. If Mr. Fixler choked them to death with a 24" gold chain...guess what he wins. You can train and chalk talk situations to death his mindset is what won he refused to be a victim. Potentially he didn't have to fire any shots once he went for his firearm the SUBHUMANS started to flee. He in the video appears to be the only one shooting( he never stated that they returned any fire) they just tried to haul ass out of there once they figured out he was not a soft target.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RECON762WT
    Potentially he didn't have to fire any shots once he went for his firearm the SUBHUMANS started to flee. He in the video appears to be the only one shooting( he never stated that they returned any fire) they just tried to haul ass out of there once they figured out he was not a soft target.
    Actually it looks as if the door gets shot out before they start to flee.
    But I agree with what you said, shoving the gunmans hand aside and retrieving his weapon (that should have been on his person) did set the tone for this man to not take it lying down. Good for him.

I am a Forum User
    Yes it does look like they start to flee after the first shot...the point I was trying to make is that whether it be a 5 shot revolver or a 15 shot double stack 9mm the robbers effectively started to flee after the first shot.
    -5 shots, one center mass fight ending hit…in a high stress situation. I believe that is a better hit ratio than most police departments.

Closed Account Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .44Smith&Wesson
    he gets 2.
    Personally, I think you are putting way too much faith in these puny handguns we carry. Assuming two shots will always work may very well backfire on you. There have been tons of instances where somebody took a good deal more lead than that and was still a threat. Then there are plenty of cases where one shot from a 32ACP did the job. The point is that shooting badguys is never consistent. Do you want to plan for the best case scenario, or the worst?

Good discussion, everyone.

Account Closed Forum User
    And the one constant in all of this is... Training!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrainingTeamCPL
    And the one constant in all of this is... Training!

more than that, the mindset that comes from it also no matter what you can never turn a rabbit into a hawk,

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RSF
    more than that, the mindset that comes from it also no matter what you can never turn a rabbit into a hawk,
    ok... Two constants....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RECON762WT
    “Mission drives the gear” The five shot revolver will always have a nitch in an armed defense, although I believe Mr. Fixler was under gunned for his profession. There are MANY pros to these small revolvers such as ability to shoot through clothing in a coat pocket and not jam, easily concealable, ease of use; does not require very fine motor skills or hours of extensive training to operate. The major weakness to the platform is its 5 shots, which with a speed loader or speed strip can be loaded effectively (will take time to get good at). Although time is lost on the reload when compared to a semi auto the ease of operating a revolver makes up for that for “some people “.Time and time again I have seen people sold pistols they will never learn how to fully operate when they would have been much better getting a 5 shot 38spl revolver. What won this fight was Mr. Fixlers attitude and instinct to fight…I love to see Old Marines kick ass (someone who was in the Air Force might have played dead or something). Because of his job he might want to think about upgrading to something with more capacity and a nice CPL rig so he can carry on his person.
    Yeah your right the old Marines kick ass and the new Marines call for air support when they get in the ****!
    Horah for Uncle Sam's Mislead Retards

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast