Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Got Billet? Spikes Tactical NEW "BIOHAZARD" BILLET Upper/Lower

Don't know who saw this yet, but I have to say that after using a regular Spikes Tactical Lower and Upper and other parts from them, I could only imagine that this Billet upper is the awesome !

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

It has the following features that i haven't seen on any other lower/upper combo:

LOWER SPECS:

• Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
    • Integrated winter style trigger guard
    • Ambi bolt release and bolt catch installed
    • Flared magwell
    • Textured on the front of the magwell
    • Low shelf for RDIAS
    • Captured buffer retaining pin and rear takedown pin (no more calls for spares)
    • Set screw for trigger reset
    • Set screw for upper to lower tension (how sweet is that?)
    • Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin

Lower can be assembled with out a hammer and punch (amazing huh?)

UPPER SPECS:

• Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
    • M4 feedramps
    • Beefy design which is stiffer allowing less flex
    • Front of receiver is machined to accept most after market rail systems (yes, we play nice with everyone else)
    • Comes with the forward assist and ejection port door installed
    • The most beautiful lines you'll see on anything other than your wife!

Introductory Price of only $499.95 for the set

Last edited by SWMP15; 01-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ~ Heraclitus
    www.313Tactical.com

I am a Forum User
    It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973
    It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower.
    BINGO!!!

Banned Forum User
    Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.
    i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

• Captured buffer retaining pin and rear takedown pin (no more calls for spares)
    • Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin
    • Lower can be assembled with out a hammer and punch (amazing huh?)

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ~ Heraclitus
    www.313Tactical.com

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMP15
    i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon
    I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!
    Last edited by pgaplayerless; 01-14-2010 at 12:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    that thing looks sweet

I am a Forum User

+1

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!
    ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA

and its not "tacti-cool" its functional
    Last edited by SWMP15; 01-14-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    www.313Tactical.com

Banned Forum User
    ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA
    huh? I didn't say a thing about you?

Call me in 6 years and i'll come over to watch tv and assemble lowers with your sister :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast