Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athletes!!

I am a Forum User

Athletes!!

Is there some clause in the book of life that makes an athlete and acquiring a handgun LEGALLY, mutually exclusive? Does anyone know of any professional athletes (football,basketball,baseball,hockey) who have a CPL ?

Discuss.

I am a Forum User
    not sure about handguns in general, but when an athlete signs his contract to play for the professional team, they usually have some sort of stipulation that they can not partake in activities that might result is physical harm, or activities that may be deemed dangerous.

for example, a professional hockey player's contract may ban him from skydiving, or playing tackle football with his buddies.

the teams do this because if the player gets injured while not playing or practicing their game/sport, then they are usless to the team.

i am not saying that i agree with all aspects, but the team may deem carrying a conceiled pistol to be dangerous...professional athletes are competitive by nature...the teams probably dont want to risk their player to do anything "stupid"

just my .02

Actually many athletes (pro) are prohibited prom playing in pick up games. I know thats a big one in basketball.
    Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Garbo44/?ref=hl Mobile App getmobile.remax.com/davidg

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by edge
    not sure about handguns in general, but when an athlete signs his contract to play for the professional team, they usually have some sort of stipulation that they can not partake in activities that might result is physical harm, or activities that may be deemed dangerous.

for example, a professional hockey player's contract may ban him from skydiving, or playing tackle football with his buddies.

the teams do this because if the player gets injured while not playing or practicing their game/sport, then they are usless to the team.

i am not saying that i agree with all aspects, but the team may deem carrying a conceiled pistol to be dangerous...professional athletes are competitive by nature...the teams probably dont want to risk their player to do anything "stupid"

just my .02

Correct, but their contract limitations would not force them to obtain handguns ILLEGALLY. Every time you hear about an athlete and a firearm it is on the "Possession without a permit" side not the "firearms use against contract" stance.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepinrrt
    Correct, but their contract limitations would not force them to obtain handguns ILLEGALLY. Every time you hear about an athlete and a firearm it is on the "Possession without a permit" side not the "firearms use against contract" stance.
    i dont think anybody is "forced to obtain handguns illegally". im sure tons and tons and tons of athletes own firearms legally. the point i was trying to make is that their contracts may prohibit them from carrying the firearm (whether in a lawful or unlawful manner) on said person.

I am a Forum User
    Plaxico Burress was a Permit holder, problem was it wasn't from NY. Oops.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Plaxico Burress was a Permit holder, problem was it wasn't from NY. Oops.
    at the time, when he shot himself in the thigh, Plaxico Burress was an expired Florida permit holder. he had NO valid permit at the time of the incident

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by edge
    at the time, when he shot himself in the thigh, Plaxico Burress was an expired Florida permit holder. he had NO valid permit at the time of the incident
    So then Plaxico Burress WAS a permit holder. Technically i was correct, but you are correct about the time of his incident.

I am a Forum User
    legal guys help me out here but I didn't think any contract could keep you from doing something you have every legal right to do such as carry or possess a firearm. I mean think about it in another way, there is no way you could sign a contract to legally commit murder, contracts can not supercede the law (wow...Judge Dredd moment )

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by burle1812
    legal guys help me out here but I didn't think any contract could keep you from doing something you have every legal right to do such as carry or possess a firearm. I mean think about it in another way, there is no way you could sign a contract to legally commit murder, contracts can not supercede the law (wow...Judge Dredd moment )
    Now a days, with the money these athletes are paid, i could see a team putting in a clause such as that. Whether someone signs it is a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast