Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Glock 19 - My Pros/Cons

I recently bought a glock 19. Here is my own personal pro/con analysis. I've owned the following guns, all of which were sold and now the newly acquired glock 19 is my only pistol.

Stoeger Cougar
    Sw99c
    Walther PPS

Pros

1.) Weight - I carried my cougar mostly, and the glock's weight is heaven in comparison. Loaded it weighs a few less than the cougar unloaded.

2.) Size - The grip length is a half inch shorter which helps with concealing tremendously.

3.) Capacity - Same capacity as my cougar, yet a half inch shorter in the grip.

4.) Consistent trigger - this is subjective but I like the consistency of the same trigger pull every time.

5.) Price - Relatively inexpensive compared to other guns. Also mags are $23/ea shipped online through CDNN. Mags are big one for me as I think it's ridiculous to spend hundreds of dollars on a gun and then have to cough up $40+ per mag on top of it.

6.) Reliable - Haven't had any fte/ftf, just seems to work. Didn't have any issues with the PPS or sw99c, but the cougar wouldn't run well without a good lube job.

Cons

1.) Feel - To be honest all the other guns listed above have felt better in the hand, the sw and cougar felt better to shoot as well. Went shooting with bros today, one has a PX4 storm, the other has a P2000. Both felt better in the hand, both felt a little nicer to shoot. Don't really care for how my hand feels with the Glock after shooting a few hundred rounds (and this is with a hogue grip)

2.) Sights - I'm not a fan of the standard sights. I'm getting used to them but I prefer 3 dots. I'll most likely buy some night sights in a few months.

Conclusion:

I feel like the glock is the ideal gun for me to carry due to its size, weight, capacity, price, and reliability. It's not the gun that feels the best to me, however I'm willing to sacrifice that in order for the big picture of what the gun has to offer.

I am a Forum User
    That's what people need to understand, the Glock is ugly, the grip isn't the best, but it's accurate for the size, reliable as anything anywhere, has the best capacity for it's size and it just plain works.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zbock
    ... just seems to work.

Yep.

I am a Forum User
    I love my g19 rtf2, i haven't carried it yet though, waiting for my mtac shell, should be here tuesday.

the gun is awesome though and fun to shoot.

I am a Forum User
    I would say you get the idea.

you will fix 50% of your complaints when you get new sights

No complaints with my G19, exept the accuracy. I shot my G23 much better. But to be fair, this was shooting reloads, and maybe my 40S&W load, was just better. Can't go wrong with a G19!

I am a Forum User

G 23

I love my glocks. I went for the 23 over the 19 just because i like the .40 S&W better.

I have a G21 too and it makes my G23 look and feel like a baby.

MGO Member

glock 19

I have been carrying firearms off duty and on-duty for over 40 years. Started out with revolvers in DPD, including 38, 357, 41 mags and 44 mags. I carried a 38 Colt detective special and S&W model 60 over those years for off-duty. I also carried S&W 9mm and 45 acp as well as a DPD issued Glock 22 model before I retired. I am a PO for another dept and now I am issued a Sig 226 in 40 S&W for on-duty. After shooting perhaps hundreds of thousands of rounds through many different guns and calibers, I feel the Glock is the best weapon platform for PO's. With the current hi-performance ammo, a 9mm is very effective I personally now carry a Glock 19 in a IWB holster for off-duty with Ranger 147 gr and sometimes my Para CCO compact light double action 45 with 230 gr Ranger. I have put thousands of rounds through my Glock 19 and Glock 22 and other than changing the sights, I have not had any problems. Other officers in my Dept as well perfer to carry Glocks off duty instead of our more expensive issued Sigs. We had many problems with our Sigs in 40 cal. Glock 19 is one dependable weapon system and I even made my sons buy them.

I am a Forum User
    well i had stovepipe and shells hitting me in the face issues just start after 1,000 rounds.

called glock and they sent me a new ejector (not the whole housing-just the ejector itself, yes it comes out) & and extractor.

the stove pipe probs and shells in the face issues are gone, but i had a few FTRB issues. the new ejector they sent me isn't flush with the top of the housing and i think it's rubbing the slide. that's the only thing i can think of. 3 glock armorers verified that i installed everything correctly.

hmmmm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast