Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geogh3
    Ok so on that same line. I have a Beretta Neos and I see on line I can purchase a kit to add a rifle stock to it. Now I hadnt planned to get that but I am wondering is there a legal issue with it?
    That would make it a SBR and a no-no.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User

Kit includes a barrel

If you are talking about this kit, you should be ok on the SBR issue, as long as you install the barrel as well as the stock. You might still have a Michigan pistol though. Check the overall length is not under 30" inches, or you will have to register as a pistol in MI. With the barrel and stock installed, it will measure over 26", so no SBR issue, Fed or MI.

"Convert your Beretta U22 Neos handgun into a fast-handling, accurate carbine. This kit features a skeletonized buttstock with an ergonomic, fiberglass-reinforced polymer grip for comfort and safety. Kit also includes a 16-1/4" barrel with a 1 in 16" twist, polymer forend, adjustable rear sight, Tru-Glo fiber optic front sight and an integrated Weaver-Style Rail. No gunsmithing required. Black.

Technical Information

Contents:
    16 1/4" barrel
    Stock

Notes:
    The stock replaces the pistol grip on the Neos handgun
    TruGlo front bead sight"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Missahba
    If you are talking about this kit, you should be ok on the SBR issue, as long as you install the barrel as well as the stock. You might still have a Michigan pistol though. Check the overall length is not under 30" inches, or you will have to register as a pistol in MI. With the barrel and stock installed, it will measure over 26", so no SBR issue, Fed or MI.

"Convert your Beretta U22 Neos handgun into a fast-handling, accurate carbine. This kit features a skeletonized buttstock with an ergonomic, fiberglass-reinforced polymer grip for comfort and safety. Kit also includes a 16-1/4" barrel with a 1 in 16" twist, polymer forend, adjustable rear sight, Tru-Glo fiber optic front sight and an integrated Weaver-Style Rail. No gunsmithing required. Black.
    On the bolded part above, ATF has opined somewhat recently that the act of converting a pistol to a rifle is okay, but to convert back to a pistol would require submission of a Form 1 to make an SBR (once a rifle, always a rifle). YMMV... CYA... Yadda Yadda...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12