Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I haven't found a good one here in Lansing yet. There are some $15 out in Mason/Holt area but they are part timers and not great to contact. I found them on the gunbroker.com FFL lookup. I keep going back to a guy in Charlotte that is $30.00 But he always answers the phone. He also faxes his info to your buyer within 10 mins of when you call him to start it. Jeff's Gunsite

Some FFL's are like "Ok, have the guy you bought it from fax me his info". I hate that because then you have to call or email your buyer before it gets rolling. It's so much nicer when your FFL just says "What's the sellers fax number?" and just sends all his stuff right then.

- Joe

I am a Forum User
    easy way to save all that money wasted on transfer fees

scrounge together $200..
    buy a fax machine
    get a business license if needed by your municipality
    get any other things businesses may need like safes, insurance, tax licenses, computer, printer, possible second employee

and get your own FFL and then you can do transfers for others for free

after all...at $20 a transfer...that would be only 10 transfers...and the way some people rape this site just to buy and sell...they would save money

the initial $200 is good for the first 3 years and then only $90 for 3 years after that

I am a Forum User

Getting your own FFL

Don't forget the pleasure of having the BATFE come into your home for those annual audits.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy

scrounge together $200..
    buy a fax machine
    get any other things businesses may need like safes, insurance, tax licenses, computer, printer, possible second employee

after all...at $20 a transfer...that would be only 10 transfers...and the way some people rape this site just to buy and sell...they would save money

the initial $200 is good for the first 3 years and then only $90 for 3 years after that
    You must be real fun to do business with.

I am a Forum User
    I thought about it, but Redford won't let you run a business out of your home.

scrounge together $200..
    buy a fax machine

I am a Forum User
    One shop told me that they would do a FFL transfer for $40 unless I'm getting a gun that he already has at his shop, then the fee goes from $40 to $75 because, "he is losing money" from it. This is the same guy at has a pack of 100 rounds of 9mm and is selling them for $45.00 each

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tororider
    I thought about it, but Redford won't let you run a business out of your home.
    I've been thinking about do that too then charging $10 for transfers. I still think $25 to a little pricey......

I wonder if a group of people (3 or 4 people) can be on one FFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider03m
    One shop told me that they would do a FFL transfer for $40 unless I'm getting a gun that he already has at his shop, then the fee goes from $40 to $75 because, "he is losing money" from it. This is the same guy at has a pack of 100 rounds of 9mm and is selling them for $45.00 each
    Are you J/k Me ???? 45 for 9mm and i would be looking else where for Ammo...

Um i might have miss something FFL though you had to have a store front Ie building to get one...

When they change the Law for FFL's

NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User

scrounge together $200..
    buy a fax machine

i ave checked on t and have had friends go through the process and let me tell you it is not the smooth ride you make it out to be.

I am a Forum User
    PM chewy he is a member here and is in Dearborn Heights. Good guy to deal with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast