Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kreemee15
    the guys asked if he moved from one apartment to another apartment would he have to reregister his hand gun to his new address i think he does because on my purchase permit it has your address on the permit purchase permit not a cpl permit thats why they have police stations in almost every city you guys need to wake up when someone asked for a certain answer dont give the wrong answer
    Kreemee, you seem to have strong opinions but almost zero knowledge about issues discussed on these forums. I would recommend you read more and post less, unless you have questions.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your posts thus far have been useless.

MGO Board of Directors

I just want to interject here...
    We do NOT discourage "questions" from being asked. That is the very nature of these forums ("Knowledge Sharing"). The problem becomes when something is stated as factual without being so...

If you are not sure, please don't guess. Just ask and several helpful members will give the facts.

- Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom
    I just want to interject here...
    We do NOT discourage "questions" from being asked. That is the very nature of these forums ("Knowledge Sharing"). The problem becomes when something is stated as factual without being so...

If you are not sure, please don't guess. Just ask and several helpful members will give the facts.

- Admin

I am a Forum User
    Which MOST by a BIG majority don't.
    Back to the OP's question.. No you don't have to change your registration, in fact, you don't even have to keep your copy if it has been over 30 days since you registered.
    The ONLY practical use for the registration in MI is to charge someone with a "Gun Crime" of not having it registered in their name.

I am a Forum User
    All you need to do is drop off the copies to your new local PD if you moved to another area,same PD area drop it off their. You will need to go the local PD to get another purchase permit and that might be a pain as they may want to charge for checking you out. With a CPL just stop in ,drop it off and leave.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter57
    All you need to do is drop off the copies to your new local PD if you moved to another area,same PD area drop it off their. You will need to go the local PD to get another purchase permit and that might be a pain as they may want to charge for checking you out. With a CPL just stop in ,drop it off and leave.
    What question are you answering? The OP asked and got the correct answer. What you are saying is totally wrong if it refers to a gun you already own that has already been registered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12