Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Any Info Would Help. STOEGER DOUBLE DEFENSE??????

anyone know anything about these???? http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...le_defense.php

They're very well built and one of the best SxS in their price range. I don't know about using one for HD though. The regular stoger SxS guns are a favorite of CAS shooters, but I'd rather have more than 2 shots in an HD gun. I've also heard that shooting very heavy loads or slugs can cause barrel separation. I don't know if that's true but its just something I've been told.
    Our founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, had the foresight to put America on the opposite side of the globe from everyone else.

I thank them for it.

I am a Forum User
    It's a typical SxS shotty with some rails attached and synthetic furniture. Nothing really ground breaking, you could probably add rails to some old school SxS just as easily.

Quite frankly I don't see the need for rails on a SxS. To me it's an up close and personal gun, don't need a dot sight on it...light might be useful, though.

In either event I'd rather have some $200 cheap-o made 50 years ago with all sorts of rust and cracked wood. Still shoots good but looks like hell.

MGO Member Forum User
    LOL, its a 'tactibilly' shotgun, for the modern day 'shine runner!

Cheers,
    Collin

I am a Forum User
    :hurl:
    I like their regular coach guns much more...

I am a Forum User
    My dad's go-to HD gun is his Stoeger Coach Gun. He knows it like the back of his hand and it has thousands of rounds through it. It's a perfect handy size. While not exactly the capacity I would want personally, the simplicity can't be beat. I couldn't justify all the plastic furniture on one myself, but to each his own.

Clint Smith has a coach gun that he taped or rubber-banded a light to and called it a day as far as HD worthiness.

Go for it. They have been around a long time and it shoots. Just hang on.

I have played with one at gander mountain. They look pretty cool and feel well-made. They would be nice with a TLR-1 on the rail. If they were cheaper, I might buy one for HD.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    In a h/d situation with buck shot, 2 shots should do considerable damage and if they get away just follow the blood trail to the body.

I am a Forum User
    you dont buy a SxS for defence, you use one becase it is what you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast