Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok didn't see his post.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc
    One local gunshop will not take a trade without a green card. I know, I had to drive 60 mi home to get it.

If the green cards are no longer required to register a hand gun, how can a gun shop require you to show it to them?

I am a Forum User

green card

they dont have the green card anymore now it is a bigger yellow card with 4 copys you keep one and the police take the other you still get the permit only thing it is bigger and yellow and they say you only need to keep it with you when you are transporting the gun for 30 days i asked them and they said after 30 days you dont have to have it with you when transporting the gun but i will keep mine with me whenever i transport the firearm it might just be they cant find in the system that you own the firearm then what

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kreemee15
    they dont have the green card anymore now it is a bigger yellow card with 4 copys you keep one and the police take the other you still get the permit only thing it is bigger and yellow and they say you only need to keep it with you when you are transporting the gun for 30 days i asked them and they said after 30 days you dont have to have it with you when transporting the gun but i will keep mine with me whenever i transport the firearm it might just be they cant find in the system that you own the firearm then what
    You should also keep the sales receipt with you, they may think it was stolen from a state that doesn't require registration.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    You should also keep the sales receipt with you, they may think it was stolen from a state that doesn't require registration.

are you saying if you go to the range with ten handguns you take all the paper work with you everytime?

I am a Forum User
    No just pointing out how some people are paranoid about anything to do with a gun.
    Police don't ask for green and or yellow cards, you don't have to have them, nobody has ever been arrested for not having one and yet people insist they need them.
    As stated many times, MOST states don't even have registration for handguns. Registration has never helped solve any crime except that of not having a registered gun. It never contributed to keeping a criminal from shooting anyone. Never stopped an armed robbery. Never found a murderer. Nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12