Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

30 years of safety is more than accident prevention

Over the last thirty years firearms enthusiasts have made great strides to the endeavor of preventing firearms accidents. The NRA deserves most of the credit, but the responsibility falls on all gun owners. This plays out in the fight for our rights. Whether you be for open carry, concealed carry, hunting only or just gun in the home, these facts work to support our cause and debunk the claims of our detractors.
    You cannot argue that the population has increased. And you have to admit there are more guns than ever. But why does nobody talk about the unintentional (accidents) death rate by firearms?

The numbers below represent those taken by me this morning from the CDC database.

unintentional death rate by firearms

Year...........Deaths.............Rate per 100,000

I'm sure there are variables that can cut this up, but those are the numbers.
    While the anti's tout the dangers of guns and the millions of guns in America, they fall short of bring up the accident rate.

Politics aside. What the NRA and gun owners have been doing in regards to safety and public education is working. And that is something I can believe in and support.

I'm off my soapbox now.
    Last edited by CyborgWarrior; 03-14-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Accept Climate Change: ADAPT!!!

wow, thats pretty good. too bad its all the bad stories that get the press. ie. the kid that accidentally shot himself in the head with an auto Uzi. Granted the supervisors were at fault but i do not think an 8 year old kid should be shooting an auto especially without an adult to guide.

Remember , the decline during 1994-2004, the Brady Campaign and the Violence Policy Center like to attribute to the Assault Weapons Ban. If you look at the big picture, the AWB made no difference at all.
    Accept Climate Change: ADAPT!!!

I am a Forum User

perfection is impossible... but

...wouldn't it be great to have a couple of cycles w/ no accidental deaths

I am a Forum User
    I'll bet at least part of it is the new safer guns

MGO Member
    How much has hunter ed and mandatory orange.

Many states now go thru hunting seasons w/out a shooting death, some heart attacks, but no shootings.