Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You have a PM with my phone number. I'm going to go shooting in a couple days when my smith gets done with my bugs.

I'll have my 1911 with me. It started a long time ago in a land far away as a RIA 1911. The only original parts are the firing pin, strike plate, slide, barel, bushing, barrel link and pin, frame. Every other part on the gun has been replaced. You shoot mine, and you will be convinced you won't find anything better under 1400 bucks.

Knowing what I know now it would be 800 bucks to get it built right from day one. Maybe a little less. For that matter I'm getting my bugs from the guy that built my 1911 so if you wanted to tag along and meet him that would be fine.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
    you're welcome, my friend. well, all 1911's come with a grip safety. that's one of it's famous "features".

[/IMG]
    Call me crazy but why do I see so many without a grip safety.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger
    are you sure its a 1911, and not just a gun with a beavertail, like say the colt mustang or new sig p238

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by billbrasky
    are you sure its a 1911, and not just a gun with a beavertail, like say the colt mustang or new sig p238

]

So those arent classified as a 1911? They sure look like a 1911 to me. I'll try and find a pic of what I'm talking about.

I am a Forum User
    I'll try and find a pic of what I'm talking about.
    I guess I'm smoking rocks 'cuse I cant find any pics without a grip safety.

I am a Forum User
    So those arent classified as a 1911? They sure look like a 1911 to me. I'll try and find a pic of what I'm talking about.
    your crazy. and nope they just have a barrel and firing system like a 1911. making them very nice shooters.

Nope. They are neat and people like them cause they mimic the 1911 ergonomics, single action trigger, and it has an EXTERNAL safety on the slide there. The 1911 has it in the same place. I like them as a semi auto pocket carry cause i like nice trigger.

I would rather have the sig p238 over say, a ruger lcp or a double action only revolver with the internal hammer like this.

Its kinda like how many of these new 22 lr ar15 clones are out there. They mimic the ergonomics, so i suppose its good for training and muscle memory, etc but not the interchangeable parts.

I am a Forum User

oh you're talking about those little pocket guns. they're considered a 1911 "type" pistol. not a true 1911.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the link. Can you get one without the grip safety?
    If I recall correctly John Browning originally designed the 1911 without the grip safety but the .mil required their new pistol to have one and thus it was incorporated into the design and it has been that way ever since. Some "1911s" may be available without it - I honestly do not know - 1911s are not my thing.

I am a Forum User
    Pinning the grip safety has been common on 1911/2011's for years. Novak also has a one piece backstrap called the Answer, that incorporates the grip safety and the MSH (same net effect as a pinned grip safety).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast