Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Question concerning printing

I am fairly new to CC in Michigan. I took the class back in 2000 when printing could propose an issue. Has the language changed as far as printing. Has the fact that CC being legal here in Michigan softened the civilian attitude toward different forms of printing, and reaction? Just short of reading the Firearms Laws, I thought I would ask for others input or experiences with printing. With Summer closing in it would be nice to hear some thoughts on a very real carry issue....

Thanks

I do not see printing being an issue in michigan, as OC is perfectly legal.

I am a Forum User
    There isn't now or ever was a "problem with printing".
    The "problem" was and still is, police & instructors telling people that OC and/or printing is illegal.
    It's not. If you have a CPL, you *MAY* conceal a handgun on your person. Nothing says you MUST.
    That said, I and many others carry both ways with no problems everyday. I carry primarily IWB *exposed*. That is with nothing covering my gun. Most of the time, I don't see any reaction at all from the public or police. That leads me to believe that they don't even notice despite what *I* thought was going to happen.

MGO Member Forum User

Question regarding Printing

Thanks for what seems like your opinions...But is there anything written to dispute your thoughts?
    Last edited by mlanden; 03-26-2010 at 11:14 PM.

I don't worry about it. The average Joe isn't going to notice anyway. The ones that might know you are carrying are probably carrying themselves.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Didn't you post this exact same thing the other day? Printing is not illegal and for me it's a non-issue.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Didn't you post this exact same thing the other day? Printing is not illegal and for me it's a non-issue.
    The answer to your question is yes, and my reason is I had hoped to get more traffic in this area of the Forrum.

I appreciated your answer over there, with regard to your opinion. What I am asking here is if you are CC'ing and happen to print, or maybe expose the end of your muzzle. Are you going to face ramifications? Or am I to understand that because MI is an OC approved state, that even though your are set up to CC, it doesn't matter the your pistol/holster becomes exposed? I realize that there will be individual opinions, but what does the real Law state?? Thanks again.

Anyone with any experiences printing, or otherwise exposing while CC'ing?

MGO Member Forum User
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by mlanden; 03-26-2010 at 11:15 PM.

You're going to get the exact same answer that you did in your other thread. Open Carry is legal in Michigan, so printing or accidental exposure of a holstered firearm is legal.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    There isn't now or ever was a "problem with printing".
    The "problem" was and still is, police & instructors telling people that OC and/or printing is illegal.
    It's not. If you have a CPL, you *MAY* conceal a handgun on your person. Nothing says you MUST.
    That said, I and many others carry both ways with no problems everyday. I carry primarily IWB *exposed*. That is with nothing covering my gun. Most of the time, I don't see any reaction at all from the public or police. That leads me to believe that they don't even notice despite what *I* thought was going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast