Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Green/Yellow Cards no longer issued?

Here is a silly question about the Green/Yellow Cards.

I recently purchased, via CPL, a previously owned hand gun at a "Goose Hill" store and they neither issued me a green nor a yellow card. They did fill out a sheet of paper with the 4 sections that contain the same info as the green/yellow cards, and I had to sign it in 4 places.

All previous purchases, from Dealers, gave me a green/yellow card.

According to the store, the state of Michigan, no longer issues either (green/yellow) for pistol purchases. I do have a paper copy of the document from the sale and I have the receipt for the transaction.

Additionally, I did have to turn in the 2 section copies to the CTPD records department.

Does this mean something is wrong with the transaction?

I really hope this does not preclude me from selling the weapon, as I saw in another post that they could not sell the weapon without a green/yellow card.

-Mark

I am a Forum User
    You must carry the buyer copy for 30 days , and by then it is in the system and you no longer need to carry those registrations. I do keep my copy at home as you never know when the system will fail, one copy is seller, buyer and 2 for the authorities

I am a Forum User
    Of those yellow cards, the store keeps one , you the buyer gets one, and the other two go to your local law to keep one and they send the other to the state police. It states on one of the cards in small print " Purchaser's Copy " Thats the concern I get from your post.

MGO Member
    No more green cards.

The process of registration of handguns in MI has been refined and streamlined. Hitler would have loved it. In MI, many gun owners thought it was like sliced bread-great??? Cant even get an support for the registration repeal!! Getting rid of CEZs is in the same boat-little support.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by malucas72
    Here is a silly question about the Green/Yellow Cards.

I recently purchased, via CPL, a previously owned hand gun at a "Goose Hill" store and they neither issued me a green nor a yellow card. They did fill out a sheet of paper with the 4 sections that contain the same info as the green/yellow cards, and I had to sign it in 4 places.

All previous purchases, from Dealers, gave me a green/yellow card.

According to the store, the state of Michigan, no longer issues either (green/yellow) for pistol purchases. I do have a paper copy of the document from the sale and I have the receipt for the transaction.

Additionally, I did have to turn in the 2 section copies to the CTPD records department.

Does this mean something is wrong with the transaction?

I really hope this does not preclude me from selling the weapon, as I saw in another post that they could not sell the weapon without a green/yellow card.

-Mark
    Sounds like the transaction went exactly as Michigan's laws now stipulate. As others have posted, be sure to carry your copy of the RI-60 for at least 30 days after the purchase date.

Enjoy your new gun and to MGO!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the replies. My copy does have the Purchaser's Copy title on it.

Not that I will get rid of it, but hey you never know.

It was hard to pass up a NIB .40 Cal Sig 229 Platinum Elite for $500.

I am a Forum User
    When I print out an RI-60 I print it on card stock.

I feel it is more durable than plain copy paper and should last longer.

Per the state law is there a bill of sale, much like the perching permit..Like i got a yellow one ( due not have my CPL yet.)

So IMO get it laminated and keep it with you (if your cc it)....

BTW nice find...40cal Sig nice!...Post some pic's...

Welcome to MGO...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    So much easier now to just drop off the copies and not wait for someone to type up the paper work.