Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Looking for Combo Class/Instruction

I have been shooting only since last June and love it, and have three guns now. I just got my CPL and although I am comfortable with shooting (I even joined a bullseye league) I am not comfortable with carrying. Does anyone know of a class that is a combination of self-defense (without a gun), self defense with guns, and a boot-camp type atmosphere to help get in shape? A class specifically geared towards women would be ideal. I live in Mid Michigan. I was thinking IDPA would be good, but I don't want a competition type setting. Even one-on-one instruction would be great, but I can't afford anything expensive.
    My carry gun is a Kahr PM9. I also have a Springfield XD9 and Ruger MKIII Hunter (for bullseye). Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

I am a Forum User
    Try these guys...

www.goarmy.com

J/K

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim
    Try these guys...

www.goarmy.com
    Cracked me up!

I am a Forum User
    NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home is a next step in the natural progression of training.

Read about it here:
    http://www.migunteacher.com/Personal...tsideHome.html

We have a class planned for June 12-13 in Holly, MI.
    http://www.migunteacher.com/PPOTH%20...(June2010).pdf

Randy Cain is Putting on Handgun 101 courses a few times in MI this summer and they are very good courses for entry level on up shooters.
    http://cumberlandtactics.com/schedule.htm

RSF who posts on these forums puts on a variety of classes through the year.

Of course Big_Jim's suggestion might work too, and you will get paid to do it versus paying a trainer.
    Last edited by wishn-i-was-fishn; 04-15-2010 at 06:33 PM.

I am a Forum User

??

Sounds like you need to do more information gathering. Perhaps over on the MGO women's forum. The package you are looking for is not going to be inexpensive. I suggest going to an IDPA event and talking with the RSO's. Ask if there are any instructors who would be willing to take a look at putting together a program or if one already exists. You may have to break it down into the separate disciplines because I doubt there is any one person around here with the talent, and certifications to teach all you are looking for in one place. Then, get enough other women to sign on to make it worth the effort. What you are suggesting sounds a lot like the Front Sight Training facility out west. If you cannot find what you want, why not see if you can be instrumental in putting something like it together, assuming there is enough demand. Also, take a look around the web at female oriented places like: http://www.corneredcat.com/
    Good luck,
    Mike

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Thanks for all the info, especially the Army one LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim
    Try these guys...

www.marines.com
    Fixed that for you.