Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Your "SUV" has a trunk?
    What kind is it?

Yes, what you described is legal. It goes beyond what the law requires.
    If in the trunk, it need not be in a locked case.
    Ammo may be carried in the same case as the firearm.
    Well what do you call the area behind the last row of seats? thats what I was referring to.
    It's a Range Rover

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett20
    Well what do you call the area behind the last row of seats? thats what I was referring to.
    It's a Range Rover
    I'd call that the rear cargo area...definiatly not a trunk.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett20
    It's a Range Rover
    I would say it is part of the passenger compartment. For sure it is accessible. Any firearm transported in that area would have to be in a case and not accessible to the occupants according to how I read the law.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I would say it is part of the passenger compartment. For sure it is accessible. Any firearm transported in that area would have to be in a case and not accessible to the occupants according to how I read the law.
    It's a grey area. I doubt there any precedence has been set regarding this law. If it has I'd like to hear the case.

There's more then a few ways to read that law. Some are safer then others.

I am a Forum User
    "A person may carry or possess an unloaded weapon at any time if the person is traveling to or from or participating in a historical reenactment."

would driving to work count? cause i did it the day before therefore doing it today would be reenacting the historical event from yesterday.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by august451
    "A person may carry or possess an unloaded weapon at any time if the person is traveling to or from or participating in a historical reenactment."

would driving to work count? cause i did it the day before therefore doing it today would be reenacting the historical event from yesterday.
    That made me laugh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12